Directv/AT&T to pay dealers 70% of commissions for March/April

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
So I was on a conference call today and it looks like AT&T is paying dealers 70% of their regular commissions and residuals for March and April to make up for lost activations due to the Corona Virus.

If you make more than the 70% payment, they will not pay you. But if you do below the 70% based on January’s average, AT&T is making up the difference.

What is Dish doing for their retailers? I hope they step up to the plate and do the same.

I know I made the right decision for my business sticking with Directv

Last edited:
Reactions: krynn
I don’t know. From what I’m hearing, they’re too busy with new installs to worry about it

Reactions: Lighthope
But they are not suspending your quotas.

Are you going to make your quota? Are you going to see a big chunk of your money go away for not meeting the quota?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If you don’t make your quota, then you get 70% of the residuals you got the previous month.

70% of 7% is better than 2%

Just got another email that now Directv is paying is our dealer residuals, regardless of disconnects and account suspensions.

Also they are providing additional weekly payments to make up for the decrease in sales volume.

Let’s hope Dish follows suit and does the same for their retailers. So far I haven’t heard anything from them in regards on how they plan to support their dealers during this crisis.

I’m glad I made the right decision to stick with AT&T for my business as this is a generous move on their part.

This is really good for AT&T and Directv customers, because by supporting their retailers, their retailers can continue to stay in business and support their customers.

We are all in this together.

Thank you AT&T

I would expect business for Dish and Directv would pick up instead of go down. More people are at home and having to watch more TV. Streaming should also. I have been helping a few of my neighbors work on their wifi/router systems.

Reactions: navychop
I would expect business for Dish and Directv would pick up instead of go down. More people are at home and having to watch more TV.

There is no way that business is going up for Traditional Providers right now and the main reason is the 2 year contract, people do not want to be stuck paying when a lot of them are going to be worried about their employment and the ability to pay for things.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I would expect business for Dish and Directv would pick up instead of go down. More people are at home and having to watch more TV. Streaming should also. I have been helping a few of my neighbors work on their wifi/router systems.

Nobody wants traditional Tv these days. It’s internet only with some streaming service

Nobody wants traditional Tv these days. It’s internet only with some streaming service
Well, you couldn't be more wrong. Streaming is becoming more popular, but it's hardly the only game in town. I much prefer Directv to streaming. It's more reliable and easier to find what I want to watch. It's still worth the money to me.

Reactions: navychop and krynn
with companies that have very strict NO refund polices sling t.v. comes to mind i don't know how many others are like that. i find it better to be on a post paid acct than what they consider prepay accts... also there's no dolby surround sound for roku's last i knew is a deal breaker. channel line up just aint there yet.. and the thought of screwing with 100 different app does not appeal to me. why would i do that when i can have them all in one service!!! last time i used a cloud DVR the screen went black not my cup of tea either spending more time trying to figure out where i was in the program...

If they are it’s through the cable company and they are adding it to their internet bundle.

Very little customers are requesting Directv or Dish these days.

I would think satellite TV is a tough sell these days. Between the bundling deals cable offers and streaming content, they are literally priced out of the market except in those areas where sat tv is the only choice.

I would think satellite TV is a tough sell these days. Between the bundling deals cable offers and streaming content, they are literally priced out of the market except in those areas where sat tv is the only choice.
It depends which Streaming your talking about ... sure Netflix and Hulu are cheap (and some others) $6-15.
However, you have a bunch of other Streaming services that start around $40 to 70.

Some instances, Sat may actually be cheaper, very soon.

Reactions: navychop
It depends which Streaming your talking about ... sure Netflix and Hulu are cheap (and some others) $6-15.
However, you have a bunch of other Streaming services that start around $40 to 70.

Some instances, Sat may actually be cheaper, very soon.

Yep you do have streamers that cost that much, but that is still cheaper in most cases than satellite TV.

Streaming prices are going up every year. I wouldn't be surprised if satellite tv is cheaper in a few years.

And so does Satellite ( and Cable) prices every year also, Traditional Providers would need a price freeze for a few years before Streaming Providers ( You Tube TV for example) catch up, but that would never happen, then you have the extra charges like box fees that streaming does not charge for.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: krynn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)