Directv calls to thank me for my payment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
never experienced this before, it was wierd today i went ot my dtv account and i was past due apparently i didnt pay last month so the bill said i owed $410.93 due 5/5/06, so i paid $500.00 next bill due m5/15/06 then setup cc autopay then 2 hours after i do this i get a call from dtv thanking me for my payment:D

looks like some companies actually apperciate there customers:)

dish you should be taking notes!

hell if I had a cusotmer who just paid 400+ bucks and has an average monthly of 200+ bucks I'd call and thank you too :)

Iceberg said:
hell if I had a cusotmer who just paid 400+ bucks and has an average monthly of 200+ bucks I'd call and thank you too :)
yeah, its a no brainer, but dish never called to say thanks
just shows dtv is light years ahead of dish

You "might" have just put a dent on your credit report as well being past due like that. Bright House Networks lost my payment and boy did I have to deal with crap to get them to take the hits off of my credit report and I was willing to sue them as they lost it in a pile of papers in their office that does their billing. I found out where their office was which was in a shopping center on US highway 19 not far from Sam Seltzers in Clearwater and I got them to provide in writing that if they found the payment they would keep the envolope so I could prove I sent it. I had my lawyer with me that day and if they refused to put in writing they would keep the envolope than BHN would be sued the sameday or at least get the notice. Well about three weeks later I see that my check was posted so I looked at the check itself online and saw the clearing date so I knew they found it so I went to get the envolope and it was postmarked the exact day after I sent it as I write the check date the sameday I mail it and I mail my stuff at least two weeks before the due date. So they lost my check and didn't find it for five weeks and I still ended up having to fight to get BHN to take back the hit they put on my credit report for a late payment even with the proof. With that said from that point on I just drove my payment into the payment office they used as I go by that way all the time.

I just wanted you to be aware how these companies are and I'm hoping you get lucky and DirecTV doesn't file this late payment on your credit report. Most companies won't file it on your credit report until at least 60 days and because you paid the entire amount in full right on your next bill and did CC autopayment they most likely will just let things go considering how much you pay per month. They know now they will get paid good amounts so its no point risking the business by filing this on your credit report. This is more a lessen to all other readers about what can happen. I've never ever ever ever been late on any payment that was my own fault and I've had to call and make phone payments on some bills because the bill itself never came in the mail. Its a good thing I write down all my bills and what months I pay them and circle the months I've paid when I pay them as this helps me keep track and what I haven't paid and what bills I haven't received yet and yes its a pain but its saved my butt on many bills.

nah, me missing a months payment then being billed for 2 months is not a rare occurance thats why after my payment today i setup autpay cc

I am one of the few people who could care less about their credit. I don't have a CC, I own my vehicles, and have no personal loans. I do however have a loan for a house that I am in the process of building but I had a good down payment for it so I had no problem getting it financed, but anything else if I don't have the money to buy it I do not need it.

The Tate said:
I am one of the few people who could care less about their credit. I don't have a CC, I own my vehicles, and have no personal loans. I do however have a loan for a house that I am in the process of building but I had a good down payment for it so I had no problem getting it financed, but anything else if I don't have the money to buy it I do not need it.
thankfully i never have a problem finding funds to pay my cc bill now, different story in the past

Last edited:
stone phillips420 said:
thankfully i never have a problem finding funds to pay my cc bill now, different story in the past

You sure gotta love no debt and tons and tons of cash in the bank. I just put 200 grand in a CD before I moved up north because BOA had 4+ percent for five months and I can if I need use all of that money without payment within 7 total days. So for money that is sitting in the bank either way I'm going to make 8 grand in just five months time. After that five months I find another good rate CD with another 8 grand extra earning 4% and so on and so forth. I also invest in many different areas so I never have all my money in one basket and I do take chances with some of my money. But yea its stupid for anyone to say they don't care about credit and don't care if they are late because they can buy everything. You never know what could happen in the future and throwing away credit when its easy to earn a great score is stupid and no excuse is good enough to destroy your credit by choice. I also feel very bad for those people who soon will need to find out how to pay that 4% on their credit cards as many can barely pay the current percentage rate.

All you guys have lots of cash lying around, I'll be glad to help spend some of it! I accept paypal.

LonghornXP, you need to research you investments better. Notwithstanding that most people shouldn't stick 200 large in a CD unless there is a particular reason why the money must be invested that way, I don't think you were properly explained how CDs work. That 4% is an annual percentage yield (APY), the rate of return that would result from the investment being held for a full year. Since your investment is not being held for a year, your actual return is prorated and considerably less than eight grand. 4% yield on a 5 month cd will get you $200,000 * 4% * 5/12 year = $3,333. Simple algebra will demonstrate that the interest rate required to earn $8,000 in five months is 9.6%. Browsing the financial websites shows that the highest interest rate currently offered on a 6-month jumbo is a 5.15% APY from Corus Bank in Chicago. Bank of America is currently offering 3.86% APY for 90-179 day jumbos (4.01% for 6-11 months). 6-month US Treasuries are at 4.72%.

Last edited:
What type of services are on your Directv bill that will add up to $200+ each month?

My bill is about $55 now TC+ with tivo and I'm having trouble budgeting that. I recently compared Dish (AT180) and Digital Cable Plus package and I'm still saving $10-$20 by having Directv.

Jim

12 tivos, total choice premier pack, nhl center ice, nfl sunday ticket, and mlb extra innings
i pay 55.00 dollars alone each month on mirror fee's

Wow 12 tivos. I got 4 and could push it and have maybe 6 but I output to a couple of rarely used TVs from one of the tivos. One can never have too many tivos though. :)

GeorgeLV said:
LonghornXP, you need to research you investments better. Notwithstanding that most people shouldn't stick 200 large in a CD unless there is a particular reason why the money must be invested that way, I don't think you were properly explained how CDs work. That 4% is an annual percentage yield (APY), the rate of return that would result from the investment being held for a full year. Since your investment is not being held for a year, your actual return is prorated and considerably less than eight grand. 4% yield on a 5 month cd will get you $200,000 * 4% * 5/12 year = $3,333. Simple algebra will demonstrate that the interest rate required to earn $8,000 in five months is 9.6%. Browsing the financial websites shows that the highest interest rate currently offered on a 6-month jumbo is a 5.15% APY from Corus Bank in Chicago. Bank of America is currently offering 3.86% APY for 90-179 day jumbos (4.01% for 6-11 months). 6-month US Treasuries are at 4.72%.

Very few customers can get these types of CDs. First you must have a mininum of 100 grand to even get the rate. You also have to be an advantage member which isn't hard. Also I was setup with four 50 grand CD accounts and they are five month CDs that will earn me 4% after the five months. Trust me I ask these questions and yes a normal CD will earn 4 or so percent on average each year but this CD BOA promises 4% return in five months or they will pay the difference to match it. But I can't keep the money in any long than five months as the account will close which means no more interest after five months and I must go into my local bank and have the money either cashed out or put into another account such as a checking. Also for five months this was a better option considering the state of the stock market as all I can lose is interest while the other way I could lose much more than interest. Now as long as I can get this rate in this way I'll keep using it as 4% return in five months isn't bad and yes I could do better but for now I'm not taking many chances as the country isn't exactly stable. Gas prices and this war alone make many things more risky than they are worth. I have my entire life ahead of me and I can do what I want and not what I need and I would rather not throw that away. I say don't fix something that isn't broken.

Plywodstatebum said:
So why did you leave Florida LonghornXP?? The Weather?
My bank just offered 5% starting tomorrow and my CD's are ready to switch, It's sure looking better that it did a couple of years ago.

I left Florida because of the weather among many reasons. One of which I wanted to work at something I liked so I'm looking at becoming a tech for maybe a cable or phone company so I didn't want to work in Florida at this job. Its many different reasons but Nashua seems like a better area to work in when it comes to this type of job. It pays decent but most of all the job is in a state in which companies are forced to at least care about the customers a little more than most. I've always been a person who believes the customer is right and I've talked with several techs at Comcast and they all in this specific area seem to like their jobs and feel safe in their jobs and that is all I'm looking for. I want to be around techs that care because I can't care about the customer if the other techs and the company doesn't care about the customers. In a sense I'm starting over and sometimes starting over can be the best improvement in life.

Good luck I hope you find something you can enjoy and make money at it, Thats hard to do. 90% of the people would rather be doing something else than the jobs they hold now.
The pay scale is higher everywhere else than Fl. lol

Just wait till Longhorn has to do some work outside in the Winter up there!!!!:D

He will be a wanting to come back to the Sunshine State!!!!;)

scotsmanron said:
Just wait till Longhorn has to do some work outside in the Winter up there!!!!:D

I can at least bundle up in the winter while in Florida going into the attic on a hot humid summer day might just kill me. It can get very very very very hot and humid in Florida and most of you would never want to enter an attic that is about 110 degrees and has snakes. Hey I was lucky I heard the rattle and knew what it was because somehow a rattlesnake went up my waterpipe for the AC and into the attic. I've been hearing it rattle during the day for almost a month not having a clue what it was as it didn't sound the same compared to opening the attic up. You have no idea how fast you can can from a snake. I got my butt out of the house right away (with my cat) and called for help. Oh and it cost me about 350 bucks to get it out too as these guys must charge a whole lot as they have a risk and that I do agree with but man it wasn't cheap.

scotsmanron said:

I might have a job with Verizon but it won't be an outside tech though. If I'm hired which I hope I'll be working in the Central Office itself with all that fancy hardware. If I'm hired I'll need to get about 16 weeks of training in Mass but the pay is great and its union. The pay starts at 21 an hour and if I live in an area that has fiber I will get free internet, TV and phone service (unlimited long distance). Hey it would be nice but I'm not sure if I'll take the job even if offered as I want to interact with customers and have different things to deal with everyday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)