DirecTv cancelled my account

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nomad816

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
over the weekend.

They started billing me for MLB EI which I had called to cancel in March but the CS rep told me it wasn't on my account(guess they were wrong).

So I set an e-mail stating I wanted it taken off my account. They replied saying that they could not. I replied back saying I wanted it cancelled. I then got a phone call where they left a number and a PIN last Thursday. I did not call back before they closed my account then it was busy on Saturday.

Then last Saturday after being a customer for 12+ years they closed my account. I called up and they said that I sent an e-mail asking to cancel. I did but I was talking about MLB EI. BTW, I have NEVER gotten them to anything by e-mail in all the years I have been a customer, you always have to talk to a person.

So I guess I am going to have to go to dish or TWC(blech). I don't know much about Dish as I have never had anything but DirectV.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

The responsible way to handle any account is to NEVER deal with your accounts via email IMHO and always get confirmations; even check back within days to verify BEFORE getting into this situation - something your can print off is best. This is true for ANY/ALL accounts. As a 12 year customer I would just get it cleared up with some satisfaction that doesn't include blaming them 110% and reconnect and add this as a lesson learned on how not to manage an account.

Directv really didn't seem to care too much, although when I talked to them on Saturday they were "upgrading their systems", which means they can't do anything. They really have given me nothing "free" over the years and I go all the way to a 1st gen RCA receiver and USSB. They were supposed to call back but have not so at this point ...

is anyone interested in a used HR10-250?

Directv really didn't seem to care too much, although when I talked to them on Saturday they were "upgrading their systems", which means they can't do anything. They really have given me nothing "free" over the years and I go all the way to a 1st gen RCA receiver and USSB. They were supposed to call back but have not so at this point ...

Please by all means call 1-800-333-3474 and ordering from the corporate office. You were with D* too long.:)

lets go back and clarify. did you ask to cancel major league baseball extra innings before the season started? if yes, you have a legitimate complaint that i would talk to retention about.

if it was after the baseball season started, sports ubscriptions can not be canceled. i unfortunately went through that drill once when i wanted to cancel midway through the season!

I am a long time Dish subscriber, overall very happy, yet I would not necessarily advise that you switch. If you have been happy with Direct TV and had no reason to leave I would try and work it out with them. If however you see this as an opportunity to try a different provider, Dish does offer a couple of things Direct TV does not. (just as Direct has somethings Dish does not) Superstations, ability to get or not get locals comes to mind. If you are in white zone or partial white zone you can distant locals even if Dish provides your locals, unlike Direct Tv.

But again - I would not switch from Dish over that kind of problem unless there was no choice, you may not want to switch from Direct.

over the weekend.

They started billing me for MLB EI which I had called to cancel in March but the CS rep told me it wasn't on my account(guess they were wrong).

So I set an e-mail stating I wanted it taken off my account. They replied saying that they could not. I replied back saying I wanted it cancelled. I then got a phone call where they left a number and a PIN last Thursday. I did not call back before they closed my account then it was busy on Saturday.

Then last Saturday after being a customer for 12+ years they closed my account. I called up and they said that I sent an e-mail asking to cancel. I did but I was talking about MLB EI. BTW, I have NEVER gotten them to anything by e-mail in all the years I have been a customer, you always have to talk to a person.

So I guess I am going to have to go to dish or TWC(blech). I don't know much about Dish as I have never had anything but DirectV.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

I would give it a few days and call back when you have some time to talk to them, get ahold of the Retention dept and talk with them, don't agrue with them, just let them know where you stand and see what they are willing to do for you.

Jimbo

Sell it on eBay. Got $305 from mine a couple of weeks ago.

BTW, yes I called in March to do a few things, one was cancel MLB EI. The CSR told me it was not on my account and thus I didn't need to cancel.

I tried going to Dish but they wouldn't let me get the 100 Plus without locals. Said that if you want 100 plus you have to get locals. Whatever, I moved on to TWC and got a significant discount from them with no commitment. It will now only cost me $46 a month for what I want(save about 30 a month).

If I don't like it I will move on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)