Directv Cinema Connection, etc..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DaveO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
So, my Hr24-100 shows that I need dish alignment and signals aren't up to par so I called to see what kind of deal I could get on an HR34 since I have been with them for 10+ years.

Best deal they would offer was a free receiver upgrade to the hr34 but $100. for a Directv Cinema Connection kit plus installation +tax. So, $148. +tax.

This is just a wireless connection point to connect with my wireless router, right? Told them I would think about it.

Maybe I should just wait for the HR44 which has wireless built-in or are their better deals to be had by persevering?

Thanks,

Dave

The HR34 has an ethernet port. You don't "need" the CCK. You have wired ethernet ports on your router, right?

Thanks a lot for that info. Actually the HR24-100 that I have is already ethernet connected so all I need to do is plug in the cable and they can keep their Cinema kit.

I suspect they try to sell it in the hopes of one adding additional setups in other rooms. While all of my tvs are wired in 4 other rooms (via HDMI) they all operate off of the same HR24 and that's fine with me.

Thanks,

Dave

See this is what I can't find a proper answer too. If I have Ethernet wires run to every room in my house and can just plug it straight into the box what is the cck for? i currently only have a hr24-500... I'd like on demand but was told by my installer I need the kit as it converts something (can't remember exactly what he said) to swm. Even if I added another hr24 for my bedroom can't I just connect Ethernet directly to the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CCK just converts Ethernet to DECA to be carried over coax. If you have Ethernet run to each box, you re correct, you don't need the CCK. I let the installer connect a CCK for me and them I removed it. I use my HR34 to connect the rest of my receivers to the Internet using its built in CCK.

Ultimately, I would guest making sure you have at least one CCK on your network weather it is the wired CCK, wireless CCK, or the CCK built into the HR34/44. That way newer devices like the C31 and most importantly the H25 have access to the Internet. I figure well see more and more IRDs without Ethernet ports as they get smaller.

The CCK just converts Ethernet to DECA to be carried over coax. If you have Ethernet run to each box, you re correct, you don't need the CCK. I let the installer connect a CCK for me and them I removed it. I use my HR34 to connect the rest of my receivers to the Internet using its built in CCK.

same here. The tech installed it, left, and I unhooked it. I was going from 2 R22's to a HR34 so didnt know why they wanted to hook up a CCK when ethernet was right there?

same here. The tech installed it, left, and I unhooked it. I was going from 2 R22's to a HR34 so didnt know why they wanted to hook up a CCK when ethernet was right there?

I don't either. There was only one coax line where the HR34 was going so the installer installed a splitter than created 2 short coax cables to go from the 2 way splitter to the HR34 and CCK. What a waste of work when he could have just connected an ethernet cable and been done. Oh well, I get policy is policy and I let him do his thing and then I did mine. Been working since last February...

Thanks for the replies....Does my hr24 have the deca built in? If I was to add a h25 later on would it be fed Internet through my hr24's Ethernet cable?

Thanks for the replies....Does my hr24 have the deca built in? If I was to add a h25 later on would it be fed Internet through my hr24's Ethernet cable?

The HR24 has a built in DECA, but not CCK. The HR24 will not share it's Ethernet connection with over receivers. The H25 can't use the HR24s Ethernet connection. If you have an HR24, you should have a CCK installed.

Ok, as my tag says, I have a HR24-100.

It has on demand, it is connected to my router via Cat 5, which connects it directly to the Internet.

I see answers all over the place: you don't need the "cck" which just converts to "DECA".. More acronyms than my service days it seems. (don't know what a deca is)

So, final answer? I am already connected to the Internet with my HR24-100, so can't they simply install the HR34 which will give me the ability to record 5 shows at once instead of two, which is all I'm looking for, without installing their Cinema conversion kit (cck)?? They want $100. for it. I don't understand why I have to have it for one receiver to connect one tv in one room.

I take care of connecting the other rooms via an HDMI 2 to 8 splitter. Sure, only one channel at a time, but there's only one of me with the controller.

Oh, and speaking of the controller; Will my radio frequency controlled RC32RF controllers work with the HR34?

Thanks for any help here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)