Directv HD to Dish HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pongo835

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
I am debating a switch from directv to Dish. Right now I have the choice extra with dvr and hd I am looking at the Dish top 250 with dvr and hd. What equipment can I expect ? Will I get my locals in HD? I live in south eastern KY and I am in the Lexington KY local tv area I have been told by a friend that I will need two dishes is this true? I have not spoken with a rep from Dish at this time. This would be a bundle package through our telcom provider Windstream. :confused:

if you want a HD DVR for one TV youll get a 612 probally, if u want to have HD on one TV and SD on the other with just one box youll get a 722k. If you want 2 boxes Id suggest getting 2 612's. You may or maybe need 2 dishes depending on your area. I have both direct and dish and by far watch dish more due to the more variety of HD channels.

I am debating a switch from directv to Dish. Right now I have the choice extra with dvr and hd I am looking at the Dish top 250 with dvr and hd. What equipment can I expect ? Will I get my locals in HD? I live in south eastern KY and I am in the Lexington KY local tv area I have been told by a friend that I will need two dishes is this true? I have not spoken with a rep from Dish at this time. This would be a bundle package through our telcom provider Windstream. :confused:
Though initial savings are attractive, bundling removes you from direct contact with Dish and often prevents you from taking advantage of special offers. Might want to think twice about it.

Can I ask about the PQ on Dish, it is extremely good on Directv I have a 55in Samsung lcd 1080p. I think I will make the switch though just for the 30.00 dollars a month savings I will take the chance on the bundle. Thanks guys for the input I just wanted to clarify a few things.

EA is good

Can I ask about the PQ on Dish, it is extremely good on Directv I have a 55in Samsung lcd 1080p. I think I will make the switch though just for the 30.00 dollars a month savings I will take the chance on the bundle. Thanks guys for the input I just wanted to clarify a few things.

The Eastern Arc sats have the best that E puts out 1920 X 1080i. I like it very well on my Panny 1080p plasma.

Since Lexington HD locals were brought up in this thread, can someone in that area confirm that WDKY is available in HD? For some reason, Dish doesn't show it with the local channel lookup tool, but it is listed as available on The List.

If the PQ on Direct is a 9 on Dish its a 8.5, not really noticeable and if it is its very very slightly.

My brother bundles and he can't do online chats, etc... He gave up some convenience for about a 4 dollar monthly savings. He complains about the limitations to me often.

Thanks

Thanks guys for all the input. I have made up my mind and Dish it is.Like I said, the savings, right now with Directv it's around 75.00 a month phone and DSL about 59.00 a month with taxes included with a 2 year commit with dish bundled with phone and dsl it's about 93.00 a month first year and 109.00 the 2nd year with taxes included. And windstream offfers the 49.99 for life deal on phone and dsl service.

Since Lexington HD locals were brought up in this thread, can someone in that area confirm that WDKY is available in HD? For some reason, Dish doesn't show it with the local channel lookup tool, but it is listed as available on The List.

Yes, WDKY HD is included with the locals. I live in eastern KY and have an eastern arc dish.

New Dish Network customer with 211K unit and external hard drive on the eastern arc.

I'm absolutely amazed at the quality of the HD channels and the DVR functionally.:)

I think PQ is in the eyes of the person. But I made the switch a year ago and have no problem with the PQ...Some channels like Fox Sports Soccer have PQ that really pops!

Do yourself a favor and don't bundle with Windstream. I started that way and Windstream really screwed up the billing and changed my Dish account information without consulting me. Dish suggested I un-bundle and things have been great ever since!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts