Directv HR34 audio options

teneightyp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Duluth, MN
Hello. I have an older Yamaha receiver that does not have an digital sat/dtv coax audio input. It only has a dvd/ld digital coax audio input. It does have an optical input for sat/dtv. The HR34 only has hdmi and digital coax audio output (no optical). Should I get an Coaxial (RCA) to Optical Toslink Digital Audio Converter? I've seen them for $11 online. Or should I upgrade an hdmi receiver, which is a little out of my budget? Thanks for any input!

Since my dog ate the remote for the Yamaha, and it's at least 12 years old (is that old for a receiver?) I bought a Pioneer VSX-821 refurbished receiver.

Wouldn't the DVD digi coax be the same? Can you not use that input for your sound or is it already tied up?

Due to handshake issue, I have my HR34 running video over HDMI and I have my Directv audio over Digi Coax to the AVR. No real difference, just have to cut the volume up a little higher with the coax.

Wouldn't the DVD digi coax be the same? Can you not use that input for your sound or is it already tied up?

Due to handshake issue, I have my HR34 running video over HDMI and I have my Directv audio over Digi Coax to the AVR. No real difference, just have to cut the volume up a little higher with the coax.
For some reason the digi coax input is labeled dvd/ld and sure enough it works with dvd but not sat. I've heard there may be a way to relabel inputs, but my remote is shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts