DirecTV looks to be raising rates, too!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

msgph

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 17, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Well, maybe Rupert saw that Charlie could do it...according to dbsforums...supposedly beginning March 1st.

Total Choice 36.99 (33.99)
Total Choice w/ Locals 39.99 (38.99)
Total Choice Plus 39.99 (37.99)
Total Choice Plus w/ Locals 42.99 (39.99)
Total Choice Premier 87.99 (85.99)
Total Choice Premier w/ Locals 90.99 (87.99)

msgph said:

Thanks to the SPAWN that is Pegasus, we've been paying $39.99 for a long while now, I guess it will be going up to $41.99 (not counting the $1.50 royalty fee) soon. Joy! Come on Rupert, get rid of Pegasus! They're horning in on your territory, and I know people who have switched to Dish because of Pegasus.

~Alan<~~~~~~~~~Who doesn't think it's fair that some people have to pay more for the same thing...

Isnt Total Choice comparible to AT120? If so that would make it $2 higher although with locals the same price. Basically they are starting to close the gap more and more on the difference in price of locals being added to the package and the package without locals.

Also isn't Total Choice Plus comparable to AT180? If so it is actually cheaper by $5 and $7 cheaper if you take the locals with it.

msgph said:
Well, maybe Rupert saw that Charlie could do it...according to dbsforums...supposedly beginning March 1st.

Total Choice 36.99 (33.99)
Total Choice w/ Locals 39.99 (38.99)
Total Choice Plus w/ Locals 42.99 (39.99)
Total Choice Premier 87.99 (85.99)
Total Choice Premier w/ Locals 90.99 (87.99)

I wrote that very thought last week about Directv following Dish with increases. IF one of the providers does it the others follow.

LIke Gas stations on the same strip of the road. You notice how they are all about the same or a penny less? They actually will drive up and down the strip to check each others prices so they can be a penny less. I used to work for convience stores years ago we called it Gas Competition. I imagine that Sat providers do the same thing with price increases.

It's just funny that Dish is leading the charge now for the second year in a row on price increases. If Dish and Directv could ban together to fight the studios like Viacom and Turner then they could create a block of sat customers who want to pay less money for the content. They do this now when they fight unfair tax laws that favor cable against satellite. Why not do the same for fighting unfair increases by ESPN, Viacom , Turner etc?

IF we pooled all the satellite customers into a block for negotiations for content from the studios we could get the best price for programming. Kind of like the Veterans Administration and their power to buy cheap drugs from Canada for the veterans.

I figured that DirecTv would increase their prices after Dish did. I remember when DirecTv used to lead on price increases but that is no longer the case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)