Directv mast

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
Will a direct tv (3 lnb sat) mast work on a dish 1000 or will they replace the mast? I was hoping they could just take the dish off and swap it with a E* dish.

briansanders007 said:
Will a direct tv (3 lnb sat) mast work on a dish 1000 or will they replace the mast? I was hoping they could just take the dish off and swap it with a E* dish.

It will work if it was installed properly. It maybe better too since most them came with a built in level!

thanks for the replies! yes the dtv was installed and it's been trouble free for over a year. I installed it mysel and I know it's tight and level. ;)

The Direct TV phase III dish j-pipe is great because it allows you to adjust it for perfect level for your dish. It's just a little difficult getting the feeds (4-quad cables.) through the bottom because of there special setup for the adjustment of the j-pipe. Just make sure everything is snug to tight because bolts and screws tend to become loose after a period of time. Re-sealing penetrations is also a good idea if they seem suspect. Also make sure grounds and connections are up to specs as well. It's all of the little things that add up over time that could create problems in the future. Good luck!:up

tvjunky - satellite installer.

everything worked out good! the installer even had a superdish to dish1000 converter with him. now off to watch all the hd!!! :D

patmsb said:
The Direct TV phase III dish j-pipe is great because it allows you to adjust it for perfect level for your dish. It's just a little difficult getting the feeds (4-quad cables.) through the bottom because of there special setup for the adjustment of the j-pipe. Just make sure everything is snug to tight because bolts and screws tend to become loose after a period of time. Re-sealing penetrations is also a good idea if they seem suspect. Also make sure grounds and connections are up to specs as well. It's all of the little things that add up over time that could create problems in the future. Good luck!:up

tvjunky - satellite installer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)