Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Catch MLB FREE Preview
MLB EXTRA INNINGS® 4/6-4/12 for FREE. Chs. 720-749.

This includes "Opening Day" thru the following Sunday

Jimbo

Great! Thank you for the post! It looks like i wont be able to watch my A's due to comcraps stupid games! At least i can watch my NL team the DODGERS!:up

For those of us that still have RCA black box receivers from the 90's. Sony receivers or even old Memorex receivers scattered around the different TV's.
I have no idea what this means for Padres, Phillies, Blue Jays, ota feeds, etc.
3 of my 6 active DirecTV receivers are effected and I quote from channel 794.

"Looking for your MLB Extra Innings games. This receiver no longer broadcasts MLB Extra Innings games in the 700-799 channel range. Most extra innings games can be viewed on the Regional Sports Network channels in the 628-699 channel range. Please refer to your on-screen program guide to find your team's game."

For those of us that still have RCA black box receivers from the 90's. Sony receivers or even old Memorex receivers scattered around the different TV's.
I have no idea what this means for Padres, Phillies, Blue Jays, ota feeds, etc.
3 of my 6 active DirecTV receivers are effected and I quote from channel 794.

"Looking for your MLB Extra Innings games. This receiver no longer broadcasts MLB Extra Innings games in the 700-799 channel range. Most extra innings games can be viewed on the Regional Sports Network channels in the 628-699 channel range. Please refer to your on-screen program guide to find your team's game."

This must be a Mpeg2 vs Mpeg4 issue, the MLB EI must have gone Mpeg4 entirely now. These older rec's obviously don't handle the new stuff.
Time to call in and have the ones you use, replaced.
This has been an ongoing process for about a year now.

Jimbo

Jimbo, it is not a MPEG2/MPEG4 thing. It is an EPG capacity thing. The games are still available in MPEG2 SD, but not listed in the 700s on the affected boxes. EI has always been available on the channels in the 600s as well as the 700s. They just are not listing them in the 700s on the older boxes now.

Jimbo, it is not a MPEG2/MPEG4 thing. It is an EPG capacity thing. The games are still available in MPEG2 SD, but not listed in the 700s on the affected boxes. EI has always been available on the channels in the 600s as well as the 700s. They just are not listing them in the 700s on the older boxes now.

So do they open up the Regional Sports channels for those with EI on those old boxes?

If you have EI (or during the preview) the 600's channels are open to match the games in the 700's.

The just dropped the guide data in the 700's for really old receivers. They can still get it in the 600's, and perhaps by typing in the channel number in the 700's (not sure).

On a positive note, the GameMix channel is up, and in HD, and looks great this year: 720-1. Much nicer graphics than last year.

I had Charter last year for MLB EI. I didnt have HD nor did they offer it. I signed up last week and flipped through a lot of games yesterday. Many channels have nice HD on my 37" Vizio. YES and MASN seem to be the better ones. The Mix channel is sweet in HD.

tf2scout.jpg

BOINK!

Wow, this MLB EI is really growing on me! How much to subscribe again?

In the past few days, I've gotten the pleasure to listen to Vin Scully broadcast a Dodgers game, been able to listen in on channels YES and NESN to hear games from a Yankee and Red Sox point of view. I've watched Ken Griffey Jr. and Jason Giambi mash the ball like they used to do in their first stint with their respective teams. I got to see Jim Thome hit a late 3-run HR to rally the White Sox past the Royals. I saw the premiere of K-Rod as a Met.

All of this PLUS getting to see my beloved Indians for 162 games?! This is a Baseball fanatic's dream!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)