Directv MLB EI Free Preview

Q: Besides the MLB Mix Channel, what's the advantage of getting MLB EI over just paying $12/month for the Sports Pack and getting all the RSN's?

If you just subscribe to the RSNs, all out of market games will be blacked out.

Q: Besides the MLB Mix Channel, what's the advantage of getting MLB EI over just paying $12/month for the Sports Pack and getting all the RSN's?
With Sports Pack you do get all the RSNs, but you do not get the Professional MLB games from outside your area. They are blacked out.

The RSN's will be blacked out for games not in your area unless you pay for MLBEI.

Well that's retarded. What the hell's the point of subscribing to RSN's if you don't get the games? Oh well.

Damn, I thought I had a loophole for a minute. :D

That is why most people don't subscribe to them.

The RSN's will be blacked out for games not in your area unless you pay for MLBEI.

If they aren't showing a game on your local RSN, lets say the Pirates aren't on TV one day, home or away, will they blackout the game in Pittsburgh on MLB EI?

Wow, this MLB EI is really growing on me! How much to subscribe again?

The renewal rate is $179 (4x$44.75) for customers that had it last year.

The early-bird rate for new subscribers is $189 (4x$47.25) until 4/12.

The non promo rate (full price after 4/12) is $209 (4x$52.25)

So if you want MLB EI, do it before the free preview ends.

If they aren't showing a game on your local RSN, lets say the Pirates aren't on TV one day, home or away, will they blackout the game in Pittsburgh on MLB EI?

Unfortunately, yes.

MLB rules are that you cannot watch an out-of-market broadcast for your local team, period. Even if your local market team isn't broadcasting. The team/RSN still own the rights to that broadcast, so you get blackout.

Unfortunately, yes.

MLB rules are that you cannot watch an out-of-market broadcast for your local team, period. Even if your local market team isn't broadcasting. The team/RSN still own the rights to that broadcast, so you get blackout.

Thanks.

I guess it's not worth it for me then.

If the channel is not in the EPG it comes up not available.

BTW: This has been affecting NHL Center Ice and NBA League pass in the same way for quite some time.

This bugged me for a while, but never enough to consult customer service: When subscribing to the Sports Package, Fox En Espanol would show up on my DVR and HD receiver just fine, but on my regular no frills boxes it would be missing from the EPG and would state "not subscribed" or another similar message when manually typing in the channel number.

Thanks.

I guess it's not worth it for me then.

I have never been a subscriber, but am strongly considering it. Remember there are usually games on from 1 in the afternoon to 1 in the morning. And, the season runs for 9 months. Plus, four people going to one major league game easily costs $140. If you have HD and Direct there are game feeds from both teams, some with both broadcasting in HD (watch batting team's RSN if you are a neutral observer) plus the snazzy HD Game mix which makes it easy to flip between the action and keeping an eye on all developments. Plus, it's not just on one set, the games are on all boxes. Double plus (real reason), you can feel like Marty from Back to the Future II having 8 things to watch at once.

Is this already over? I am getting not purchased on all the games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)