DirecTv MLB subscription

airforcevet123

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Keller, Texas
Can anyone tell me why DirecTV has MLB "blackouts" on games broadcasted from San Francisco, Oakland, and Phoenix? I live in the Las Vegas area, and everytime I want to watch a game that is broadcasted in these cities, I have the "blackouts." Doesn't make sense to me, Las Vegas is NOT in their local area. Anyway, will be moving to Dallas in November and shouldn't have that problem anymore.

airforcevet123 said:
Can anyone tell me why DirecTV has MLB "blackouts" on games broadcasted from San Francisco, Oakland, and Phoenix? I live in the Las Vegas area, and everytime I want to watch a game that is broadcasted in these cities, I have the "blackouts." Doesn't make sense to me, Las Vegas is NOT in their local area. Anyway, will be moving to Dallas in November and shouldn't have that problem anymore.

I am not sure what team is considered YOUR local team, but if it is that team that those cities are playing, it could be the reason. Remember MLB is "out of market" so you will only get out of market games, not your local team.

Here I live in between two teams both considered my local team, Florida Marlins, and Tampa Bay Devil Rays. I can only get the games for both teams that are on my local Sports Network, Fox Sports Florida or Sunshine and a few of the other Devil Rays games on an Orlando PAX station. Some of the Marlins games I can't even get, because they are on PAX network stations in West Palm & Miami, which I can't get here. If I try to go to MLB for those games I get, "Not Available In Your Area". They expect me to watch the game on PAX, which I can't get because I am to far away from either PAX network station.

Here ia a good explanation from D*, on MLB blackouts: http://www.directvsports.com/Packages/MLBExtraInnings/Questions/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts