DirecTV - NFL Red Zone Channel

Will94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
USA
What the hell is going on? DirecTV shut down their Red Zone Channel at 5 PM (CST) with all three games in the 3rd quarter.

Just didn't fell like putting in a full day's work DTV?!? I am paying an arm and a leg for Superfan, and you shut down early?!?

Ya that was weak, though with only 3 games on it's pretty easy to see why... there was only one game that meant anything and with only 3 games on, they'd have just ended up showing a majority of the Cowboys/Chargers game and occasionally going to one of the others when they get into the red zone.

In short, with only 3 games going, there was little point. Not going to argue the principle of it.

Agree with Steve. As much as I love the RZC, when there are only three games it kind of loses it's purpose. Last week there were also three late games and they stayed on until 7PM, but this week with one game turning into a blowout early, it lose it's relevance.

Another factor may have been the fact that I'm assuming the Raider game was blacked out in Oakland, because it wasn't included in the Game Mix channel. With only three games you pretty much see a majority of all three games on the RZC, and perhaps the league did not want that.

Next week there are four late games.

Sandra

Agree with Steve. As much as I love the RZC, when there are only three games it kind of loses it's purpose. Last week there were also three late games and they stayed on until 7PM, but this week with one game turning into a blowout early, it lose it's relevance.

Another factor may have been the fact that I'm assuming the Raider game was blacked out in Oakland, because it wasn't included in the Game Mix channel. With only three games you pretty much see a majority of all three games on the RZC, and perhaps the league did not want that.

Next week there are four late games.

Sandra

+1

No big deal.

What the hell is going on? DirecTV shut down their Red Zone Channel at 5 PM (CST) with all three games in the 3rd quarter.

Just didn't fell like putting in a full day's work DTV?!? I am paying an arm and a leg for Superfan, and you shut down early?!?

Are you all sure that the cutoff was Direct's fault and not the NFL shutting RZ down?

If nothing else, they could have left the two sold out games up side by side. I paid for it, and I want it. I live in the middle of Texas and hate the Cowboys. Actually, I hate Cowboy fans, but that's another thread. If the Cowboys games were all that I cared about, then I wouldn't have bought Sunday Ticket. I can catch all of their Sunday afternoon games with rabbit ears.

I was working on setting up my son's replacement crib yesterday (product recall), and wanted to be able to follow all three games without having to use the remote or deal with commercials.

If you (DirecTV) are going to charge me for a feature, then I expect that feature, regardless of what you presume I will or will not find interesting.

You have Sunday ticket, you could have just turned to the Chris Johnson show or the Washington blowout of the Raiders and left it there then.

So you hate the Cowboys, now you only wanted updates on 2 games. Even less of a reason for the D* RZC that afternoon.

Sorry if it isn't true, but you really are coming across as someone just wanting to argue for the sake of arguing.

There are 4 afternoon games for the rest of the season, it wont happen again, move on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts