mackie99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 28, 2007
Sunny Southern California
DirecTV Now strikes deal with CBS for more streaming programming

AT&T’s DirecTV Now has struck a deal with CBS, filling out its initial streaming TV package with more CBS offerings. Channels like Showtime, the CW, and CBS Sports Network will be available in the coming weeks on the service that launched late last year. Local CBS stations will also be available — but as usual, that's only true in some cities.

Showtime will be available for an additional $8 per month, while the CW and regular CBS content will be completely available for no additional cost. Live programming from local CBS channels will be provided in major cities like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. In the coming weeks, DirecTV Now also plans to launch more content from ABC, Fox, and NBC affiliates.

When the streaming service was initially launched, customers reported bouts of outages, errors, and technical difficulties when using the service. Things have cleared up significantly since then, though some users had trouble trying to watch Game of Thrones when season 7 premiered in July.

I just canceled FuboTV yesterday and I'm taking advantage a free 30 day trial to DirectTV Now. So far I've been impressed by the picture quality which is very comparable to Vue. I'm in the Phoenix DMA, so I will not be in the group of 14 cities that will get CBS in the initial roll-out, but it is another good development for the service. When the DVR function becomes available it will be a very compelling service.....one I'll be tempted to keep long term.I'm also missing NBC in my area, hopefully that will also change in the not to distant future.

With CBS Sports Network and DVR (assuming there isn't a huge add-on fee for the latter), DTV Now might be a better fit for me, especially once I have to start paying $45 for Vue. I'm surprised San Diego isn't part of this initial list of cities, since the CBS here is O&O (and has always been on Vue), and it in turn owns the local CW as a sub channel.

DTV Now is looking better and better. I'll be curious to see how their DVR shapes up. Does this announcement mean that they will carry all CBS content in on demand format? That would be nice. Saves from having to get an All Access subscription.

I have PS Vue and Sling but DTV Now is well rounded but I assume no DVR yet for Roku and Boomerang is in their most exspensive package Grrrrrr

Showtime, CBS/CW locals (available in select cities), and CBS Sports now available

Watch CBS, The CW and SHOWTIME® on DIRECTV NOW
I don't know about the rest, but CBS sports is not available yet. At least on my end.

Signed up for another free trial, and I have to say, this service is VASTLY improved from launch.

I could see myself using this if I decided to swap from Vue.

Edit:

Just checked online and Showtime is showing as an option. CBS sports is not showing in any channel lineup on their site or my guide.

I'd imagine since Showtime is, that the rest would be added soon. Some just are not yet.

I don't know about the rest, but CBS sports is not available yet. At least on my end.

Signed up for another free trial, and I have to say, this service is VASTLY improved from launch.

I could see myself using this if I decided to swap from Vue.

Edit:

Just checked online and Showtime is showing as an option. CBS sports is not showing in any channel lineup on their site or my guide.

I'd imagine since Showtime is, that the rest would be added soon. Some just are not yet.

It might not be in your market yet. I tweeted them and asked when the CW would be in the Los Angeles market and they said they were working on it and it would be a couple weeks.

It might not be in your market yet. I tweeted them and asked when the CW would be in the Los Angeles market and they said they were working on it and it would be a couple weeks.
CBS and cw aren't available in my market on any service, but the CBS Sports is the national channel like ESPN and fs1. Totally different.

As far as I can tell it isn't available anywhere yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts