directv on houseboat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hippo

Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
I am a new subscriber. I do not have a land line, but that seems to make no
difference to the r15 receiver. My question is: can I buy a receiver and dish from ebay and take it to my boat? (I can put the antenna on a dock pole, so movement is not a concern). Customer service at dtv said it would cost $4.99 a month to get programming on the second receiver. Does this sound right? What kind of dish and rec. do I need? (I have a 3 lnb oval at home). Any help appreciated. Thanks.

hippo said:
I am a new subscriber. I do not have a land line, but that seems to make no
difference to the r15 receiver. My question is: can I buy a receiver and dish from ebay and take it to my boat? (I can put the antenna on a dock pole, so movement is not a concern). Customer service at dtv said it would cost $4.99 a month to get programming on the second receiver. Does this sound right? What kind of dish and rec. do I need? (I have a 3 lnb oval at home). Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Hippo,

You might want to post this question to a DirecTV forum. Since you seem to intend to use DirecTV receivers and service it would be a great idea to ask the people that have more knowledge about DirecTV.

I know DirecTV will NOT allow Boats to get an RV exemption for Distant Networks. DirecTV might also expect you to set up a completely new account for your Boat. But, again you should post to a DirecTV forum for the proper answer.

John

Sorry. I must be missing something... Is this not the Directv Forum?

If you can handle installing the dish yourself then just bring a receiver to your boat, install the dish on the dock and run the line onboard. Call directv and activate your receiver and make no mention at all about it not being at your house. It's really quite simple. All you need is a round dish off of e-bay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.