DirecTV Phase II dish with KU LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PSB

On vacation
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Had some time on my hands today, I have a few spare DirecTV Phase II dish 24"x18" so I carefully mounted an older KU LNBF (Express VU) exactly in the focal point of this offset dish, I had to measure the exact distance from the LNB to the dish, and the exact height of where the LNB should be, I mounted it on my test rig also hooked it to an SG100 motor, lined it up with my true south bird (IA6), went in doors hooked it up to a Fortec Lifetime Ultra and BANG I am getting alot of the channels I was getting on the 30" dish!

CCTV 9 50+% G3C (usually 80+%)

University Channel 60+% IA6 (Usually 85%)

KFDF 45% G10R (Usually 85%+)

ONN 45% SBS6 (Usually 85%)

I don't suggest this as an option but it does work, I will post some pictures in the morning! I am sure with a bit more tweaking I could get some more signal quality out of it!

Sounds cool Peter. I was able to get some stuff of an 18" dish analog. It was one of the Sats in the 90s

Ken

PSB said:
Had some time on my hands today, I have a few spare DirecTV Phase II dish 24"x18" so I carefully mounted an older KU LNBF (Express VU) exactly in the focal point of this offset dish, I had to measure the exact distance from the LNB to the dish, and the exact height of where the LNB should be, I mounted it on my test rig also hooked it to an SG100 motor, lined it up with my true south bird (IA6), went in doors hooked it up to a Fortec Lifetime Ultra and BANG I am getting alot of the channels I was getting on the 30" dish!

CCTV 9 50+% G3C (usually 80+%)

University Channel 60+% IA6 (Usually 85%)

KFDF 45% G10R (Usually 85%+)

ONN 45% SBS6 (Usually 85%)

I don't suggest this as an option but it does work, I will post some pictures in the morning! I am sure with a bit more tweaking I could get some more signal quality out of it!

I never tried analog! Great idea...... anyway here are a few snaps of the dish, I have also included a few pictures of my upside down DirecPC dish works GREAT!

Attachments

• Pict0004.JPG
    Pict0004.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 434
  • Pict0003.JPG
    Pict0003.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 425
  • Pict0007.JPG
    Pict0007.JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 405
  • Pict0005.JPG
    Pict0005.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 456
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)