Status
Please reply by conversation.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
DirecTV Inc. plans to lick off a national marketing campaign next week touting new programming offerings and a new slogan: "Good TV. Better TV. DirecTV."

The campaign is being designed by Deutsch Inc., which replaced BBDO New York as DirecTV's agency of record earlier this year.

"All of our advertising is a combination of branding and retailing. The campaign will make a statement about the brand, but it will also communicate a compelling consumer offer," DirecTV spokesman Jon Gieselman told Multichannel News Thursday.

The spots will pitch both DirecTV's programming packages and its new digital-video recorder, Gieselman added.

On April 12, DirecTV trademarked the new slogan, which Gieselman confirmed will debut in the ad campaign next week.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6326794.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP&nid=2226

cablewithaview said:
DirecTV Inc. plans to lick off a national marketing campaign next week touting new programming offerings and a new slogan: "Good TV. Better TV. DirecTV."

The campaign is being designed by Deutsch Inc., which replaced BBDO New York as DirecTV's agency of record earlier this year.

"All of our advertising is a combination of branding and retailing. The campaign will make a statement about the brand, but it will also communicate a compelling consumer offer," DirecTV spokesman Jon Gieselman told Multichannel News Thursday.

The spots will pitch both DirecTV's programming packages and its new digital-video recorder, Gieselman added.

On April 12, DirecTV trademarked the new slogan, which Gieselman confirmed will debut in the ad campaign next week.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6326794.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP&nid=2226

I like the typo............ "DirecTV Inc. plans to lick :hungry: off a national marketing campaign next week touting new programming offerings and a new slogan: "Good TV. Better TV. DirecTV."

So are they changing slogans because they are not feeling "loved" anymore

I guess "nobody up there loves you"...that slogan lasted all of about 5 months...

What new digital video recorder? I hope they don't mean that mediocre non tivo sdtv recorder thats been out a while.

They're actually going to promote the new DVR.........

New Firm Count.... STRIKE 1

TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO TIVO

But what new dvr? There hasn't been a new one in months. I doubt its going to be the mpeg 4 one, which stinks because there is no way to record hd locals otherwise.

Questioner said:
But what new dvr? There hasn't been a new one in months. I doubt its going to be the mpeg 4 one, which stinks because there is no way to record hd locals otherwise.
Sure there is a HR10-250 and OTA, record real HD.:)

Not an option for people like me too far from the towers for stable signals. I can record hd locals with my local cable service though, not that its mpeg 4 but I dont really care. I wish they would have just launched the new locals in mpeg 2 for the time being so I could record them.

cookpr said:
I guess "nobody up there loves you"...that slogan lasted all of about 5 months...

no they will probaly still use that at the end. sorta like what they was doing with the new tv commercial they have been running, which starts hey good new i just go promoted (or something like that), better new i just got directv. and then at the end when the pushed the price of 29.99 for 3 months and free sho,max, and hbo, and starz, along came that cheezy music, showing the directv name on a satellite in space and ..................someone up there loves ya DIRECTV.

Why not run a commercial that says "Dish Network is adding HGTV HD and FOOD Network HD and we're not. Remember when we say somebody up there loves you, we could be talking about the Dish Network satellites....

leww37334 said:
Why not run a commercial that says "Dish Network is adding HGTV HD and FOOD Network HD and we're not. Remember when we say somebody up there loves you, we could be talking about the Dish Network satellites....

I bet Dish Network would LOVE it if DirecTV had an ad like this.:D

leww37334 said:

or

"Dish Network is adding HD your not going to watch after the 1st day just too claim they have more HD, and we're not."

I would watch food network in HD, but I watch it daily anyway. I dont see any benifit of it being in HD but I guess food network HD is better than no HD.

Oh I love FoodTV and would want it down the road, but for all the complaints about HD-Lite, there should be as many against adding HD channels just for the sake of the upping the tally, and then touting it as some momentous omission by everyone else that doesn't have it.

When their monthly costs go up again, they will be bitching about unneeded channels, and I think it funny how they want to kill all the shopping, religion and audio channels they don't like, but want to add these channels just because they are HD. I bet these will be similar to ESPN and not more than 50% HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts