This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DirecTV Receiver Firmware Versions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Smith P.

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
By Brott at DBSTalk:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've recently embarked on a new project that I would like to make available to the DBSTalk.com community. This project evolved over a few weeks with help from others.

I've set up a new web page that identifies the version information for all of the DirecTV receivers. This information is close to real time now, but has to potential to be completely real time if we get enough volunteers to help with data collection. I've tested this over the last couple of CEs and I believe that the listings are accurate.

Here is an example of the output that you will see for the HR20-700:
<skip>

You may notice the use of Tp21, Tp24, etc. This information refers to the transponder on which the data stream is available. The information that you are seeing is information that is available free to air and does not involve decrypting the DirecTV video streams.

Enjoy!

I could use a few volunteers to help me collect data.
If you would like to help me collect this data, please visit the How can I help? page.

Status
Please reply by conversation.