directv receivers for sale

Just to let interested buyers know that by buying these advanced receivers and putting them on your account will subject you to a two year commitment with DIRECTV. (To the seller I am sorry for possibly ruining your sale of these items, but feel the members should know. This is one DIRECTV policy I dont agree with.)

i have 2 owned dvr's on my account and it didn not initiate a new contract. nor did i initiate a 2 year contract when i added an owned hr21 pro.

A HR21 pro is an owned only receiver.

I have had a few cases of members saying they purchased a receiver and even though they owned it DIRECTV told them by activating it it was a new contract, so just trying to warn people in advance to check before buying.

I'm wondering if people are getting the "Owned" confused, as some people still think if they bought it from (anywhere, they paid for it, its thiers) when in reality they paid for the ability to Lease it.

Directv also recently stopped reactivating receivers off employee accounts for other people. I don't know if it affects former-employees, but you may want to check before buying/selling. From what I have read current employees own their equipment but may no longer sell/transfer it.

Buying/Selling any owned receivers, especially recent models, has become a mess ever since this happened a few months ago.

Directv also recently stopped reactivating receivers off employee accounts for other people. I don't know if it affects former-employees, but you may want to check before buying/selling. From what I have read current employees own their equipment but may no longer sell/transfer it.

Buying/Selling any owned receivers, especially recent models, has become a mess ever since this happened a few months ago.

i have been told both by csr's in the customer advocacy team as i purchased an owned hr34 from a former employee. last correspondence i received from them (in an email) is that a current employee can not sell their equipment. but former employees can and it will be activated on the buyers account. best always to check with either access card department and or ellen filipak's office. i was able to active my unit without difficulty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)