DirecTV service for those of us with bad credit?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

darknova

Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
What are my options with DirecTV? I have pretty bad credit and am working to get it all fixed. Don't want comca$t because they charge you an arm and a leg and the picture quality is horrible. Dish wants $149 and $200 more for a DVR. So what would my options be with DirecTV? I'd love to get into a setup with a Tivo...

Also, I heard about plugging Tivo into the lan so that you can dowload program guides over the internet instead of through a phone line. This would work best since we don't have a land line phone coming into the house.

TIA. :)

At the time of activation, you will most likely be required to make a $50 deposit, either by check by phone or credit card. You can also mail a check, but of course, that takes longer.

Also, quite a few dealers (myself included), do run a credit check prior to installation. It may help to be up-front with the dealer at the time of sale. We also require a third party contract with all of our new activations, both good and bad credit. You will be required to keep your service for 12 continious months.

al said:
At the time of activation, you will most likely be required to make a $50 deposit, either by check by phone or credit card. You can also mail a check, but of course, that takes longer.

Also, quite a few dealers (myself included), do run a credit check prior to installation. It may help to be up-front with the dealer at the time of sale. We also require a third party contract with all of our new activations, both good and bad credit. You will be required to keep your service for 12 continious months.

Does D* like E* require new subs to also pay first 2 months programing in advance or just the first month or will you be billed for 1 or 2 months a week or so latter.

Al said it correctly. The $50.00 payment is not actually a deposit, it goes toward your first months service and no deposit is held on account. DIRECTV would like to have a credit card on file to charge each month.

I would recommend for you to try to get an standard open account with DIRECTV as they tend to be rather easy with credit approval. We do not require a third party agreement, but it's something we talk about frequently and is used by most dealers.

darknova said:
...Also, I heard about plugging Tivo into the lan so that you can dowload program guides over the internet instead of through a phone line. This would work best since we don't have a land line phone coming into the house.

TIA. :)

This does not work with the DirecTivo's without some serious hacking because DirecTV refuses to support it (the hardware is all there, they just won't turn it on). So unless you are fluent in linux, I wouldn't count on using this.

Right now directv is running a special offer when opeing a directv accout for the first time You will get a $49 dvr and 2 rooms free with installation. For Bad credit $50 tword first months bill and a credit card on accout to auto-matically bill for the first month. And right now if you buy the nfl sunday ticket (67.95) per month for the first 4 months you get total choice premier w/locals (where avalible) free. Then after 4 months goes to regular price but you can call in and change your package at no additional charge (unlike E*) =) hope this is helpful

the directvio does not use the phone line for downloading guide data. it is used for PPV orders. i am unaware if it is used for any other purposes, but the guide data comes from the satellite, not the phone line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts