DIRECTV to Air First NASCAR Race In 4K

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
DIRECTV next month will air the first NASCAR race ever in 4K, the satcaster has disclosed at its web site.

The race, the Monster Energy Cup from Martinsville Speedway in Ridgeway, Virginia, will take place April 2, starting at 2 p.m. ET. DIRECTV will air the 4K broadcast on its live 4K channel, channel 106.

https://tvanswerman.com/2017/03/08/directv-to-air-first-nascar-race-in-4k/

That might be enough to get my brother in law to jump to 4K since he lives/breaths racing.

he lives/breaths racing.

I resemble that remark. :D

Interesting choice of Martinsville to be the first one! If only Dish could pick this up. I swear I'd add DirecTV to my setup just for the 4K NASCAR races, if could just buy the equipment and forego the two-year programming commitment. Sigh.

I resemble that remark. :D

Interesting choice of Martinsville to be the first one! If only Dish could pick this up. I swear I'd add DirecTV to my setup just for the 4K NASCAR races, if could just buy the equipment and forego the two-year programming commitment. Sigh.
Oh, you Can buy the equipment needed ... however that pesky commitment happens when you activate it.

I do wish they'd do away with the commitment ... at very least, do away with it for those that have stayed with them, say 5 years or more.

Reactions: DWS44
I'm afraid that those of us with LCD TV's will notice motion blur more clearly.
I don't think so .... thats what the higher resolution is all about.

One thing I don't like currently (not 4k wise) is when you watch an NFL (or college ) football game and the camera follows the play, the grass is always blurred, same goes for watching golf ... wondering if that will happen when done right in 4k.

That's the kind of blur I'm talking about. I don't think that 4K will solve that phenomenon but it could make it more noticeable. Of course on the other hand, with so many more pixels in play it really could make a motion blur improvement. If it does than 4K will really have something relative to hand it's hat on.

I'm getting error 721 on my screen for channel 106.. are you guys getting the race in 4K? I Have Preferred Xtra Package

I get error 721.. I have fs1 in my package on channel 219 but guess 4k channel 106 is not included. I do get 104 4k channel

I'm getting error 721 on my screen for channel 106.. are you guys getting the race in 4K? I Have Preferred Xtra Package
I live in PA and had the same problem.I talked to Directv in Oklahoma and he said some people are receiving it and some are not.He did get it in twice for me but lost it again.If you knew where everybody live then maybe you could find out if it was east coast or what.

thanks for the info. I never got it to work. I tried all of the above.. after it went off the splash screen came on saying thanks for watching the race in 4K.. I assume they block it with the Preferred Xtra.. since I won't pony up and give them $7 a month sports fee for other packages. Sports fee is ridiculous.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)