DIRECTV to Air The Masters In 4K HDR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
DIRECTV next month will once again air the Masters Golf Tournament from Augusta, Georgia in 4K, but this year it will be in 4K HDR (High Dynamic Range).
The Masters, arguably the sport’s most prestigious tournament, will take place from April 5 through April 8. DIRECTV will offer 4K coverage of the ‘Amen Corner’ (holes 11th through 13th) as well as the 15th and 16th holes each day of the four-day event.
DIRECTV to Air The Masters In 4K HDR - The TV Answer Man!

Credit Swanni

What I like about Sony TV's they don't abandon prior year models like some manufactures. My (2016) models just recieved firmware Android 7.0 which does support Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG for both my XDR 930D TV's. You can get killer deals on these 2016 models and they have beautiful pictures. The 65" 3D (crosstalk is bad) doesn't work however but 55" does.

The 4K coverage of The Masters, which is really just one of DirecTV's "Masters Extra" channels in 4K, is a nice preview of what will be in 5-8 years, but that is all it is. The main CBS coverage of the entire tournament is necessary to see what is actually going on. I look for that in 5-8 years in 4K.

I think were talking two different things ....
I was thinking wrong, thought you were talking about the Guide getting darker .... that was an issue earlier.
I didn't know that the picture was getting dark without HLG ... theres a lot of TVs that don't get HLG ... hopefully thats something that can be addressed quickly.

I think were talking two different things ....
I was thinking wrong, thought you were talking about the Guide getting darker .... that was an issue earlier.
I didn't know that the picture was getting dark without HLG ... theres a lot of TVs that don't get HLG ... hopefully thats something that can be addressed quickly.
Unfortunately if it was fixed today it would not qualify as quickly. The 4K picture shows exactly like the guide picture, very dark with no pop.

Status
Please reply by conversation.