Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Robert from ValueElectronics.COM posted the following info in our Dish Network forum earlier...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=651274&postcount=360
The “Switch from Dish” $150 Cash Back Offer will be available to new DIRECTV customers in the 10 markets listed below (all channels of distribution). To be eligible, customers must submit their last Dish bill AND their first DIRECTV bill along with the completed redemption form. Eligible customers will receive $10 credits on their account each month for 15 months.

GROUP 1 – Markets where DIRECTV has all locals & Dish customers will lose all

Mankato = (ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX on DNS)
Rochester MN = (ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX on DNS)
Springfield-Holyoke = (ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX on DNS)
Wilmington NC = (ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX on DNS)
Zanesville = (ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX on DNS)
GROUP 2 – Markets where DIRECTV has locals & Dish customers will lose *one*

Monterey-Salinas = (ABC is on DNS)
Juneau = (FOX is on DNS)

GROUP 3 – Markets where DIRECTV has locals & Dish customers are missing one (already) and there is NO DNS option today

Corpus Christi = (No ABC)
Myrtle Beach-Florence = (No NBC)
Lafayette LA = (No NBC)

Offer

· Current DISH customers hear of the “Switch from Dish” $150 Cash Back Offer via radio, newspaper, or DIRECTV (inquiry or escalation). New, low risk customers may submit order through ANY sales channel.

· Offer Dates:
· Purchase by Date: 8/21/06 – 10/02/06
· Activate by Date: 11/02/07
· Postmark by Date: 12/02/07
· These customers will be required to meet all the following eligibility rules in order to be eligible for the 15 monthly $10 Credits.

· Last Dish bill and first DIRECTV bill must be submitted along with redemption form
· New DIRECTV customers only (validated by welcome message on copy of bill)
· Low risk credit score (validated by presence/absence of fee on copy of bill)
· Must activate within the offer dates
· Must reside in eligible market area (validated against the zip code file)
· Must provide copy of first bill
· Activate TOTAL CHOICE ($44.99 or above) or Seleccion Extra ($29.99 or above) or World Direct ($29.99 or above) as validated by TAOS

Miscellaneous Information

DIRECTV will post the “Switch from Dish” $150 Cash Back Mail-in Redemption Form PDF file so that eligible customers can download and print the forms themselves.

Interesting that a $3 dip in E* stock price tracks directly with a $2 jump in D* stock, starting from about 2 weeks ago.

Wow, that's pretty cool actually...looks like DirecTV is honestly after every single customer it can get. Wish other companies would care about their customers as much as they do. I'm a DirecTV sub so I can vouch for their awesome customer service. Would rather put up a dish anyday than deal with my local cable company, Charter. UHHH! Hated their crap service for years. When I finally switched to DirecTV 8 years ago, I knew I made the right decision, and haven't regretted it since.

This thread would be more interesting in terms of responses if posted in the hd forum, lol.

dashaund said:
I'm a DirecTV sub so I can vouch for their awesome customer service.

Awesome customer service??? A friend of mine, who is a longtime DirecTv subscriber, called in for some help on Thursday...She was told that in order to actually talk to a CSR, she would have to PAY $5.00. Yeah, that's awesome alright...:rolleyes:

BabaLouie said:
Awesome customer service??? A friend of mine, who is a longtime DirecTv subscriber, called in for some help on Thursday...She was told that in order to actually talk to a CSR, she would have to PAY $5.00. Yeah, that's awesome alright...:rolleyes:

This is totally incorrect.

Everyone has a friend don't they?

Edit: who did she talk to in order to obtain the info she had to pay to talk to someone?

Last edited:
BabaLouie said:
Never heard that one before.

BabaLouie said:

If you call D* and order a PPV, they will charge a 5 dollar assistance fee, otherwise, there is never a charge to talk to a CSR.

charper1 said:
I have a buddy in one of those areas, but "Q" how is this HD specific info?
Simple, it would take a heckuva lot more than $150 to convince some of us who have DishHD that D* would be better.

Pepper said:
Simple, it would take a heckuva lot more than $150 to convince some of us who have DishHD that D* would be better.

A "heckuva a lot more" may be just around the corner when the dust settles on the TIVO/Echostar lawsuit. You can be certain the legal costs of this decision will be passed on to the DISH customer. Not to mention the potential loss of DVR service.

In any event this action is going to have a serious impact on DISH's ability to compete for new customers until this is settled, and that translates into additional revenue loss. The pressure is on DISH to find a way to settle, and TIVO holds all the cards. DISH loses regardless if the court decides or they settle.

In the meantime stock will continue to plunge and company worth will drop (not a good thing) while costs go up and customer base stagnates or falls. Do the math and be prepared to pay for this disaster if you are a DISH customer. Increased cost to the customer will result in more defections and the competition will seize this opportunity to offer more incentives to jump from DISH.

Pepper said:

Same here, Dish does have better HD. right now anyway:p

This could be the beginning of a war between Dish and Direct. It depends on what Dish will do to fight back with that offer if they will go the next step ahead.

What can they do?

Maybe free Super Stations with free CBS-HD sent to SD receivers;
maybe after they buy a ABC, NBC, and FOX and convert them to a Super Station.

Can't anyone get the Super Station Package?

The majority of the people can get the superstation package. Just a few select markets you cannot get them.

you must be kidding !!!!! directv is famous for its super poor customer service,i hear customers complain about them all the time.

Hey Beagle, didn't JD Powers just rank them #1 in customer support...oh but you have heard complaints, lol how many of the millions did you hear from. I'm sure they have their share of problems like any other company, but "Super Famous" please.

FlyingJ said:
Hey Beagle, didn't JD Powers just rank them #1 in customer support...oh but you have heard complaints, lol how many of the millions did you hear from. I'm sure they have their share of problems like any other company, but "Super Famous" please.

agreed and that makes 2 lol

The Tate said:
This is totally incorrect.

Everyone has a friend don't they?

Edit: who did she talk to in order to obtain the info she had to pay to talk to someone?

How can you say this is incorrect? Did you monitor the phone conversation??? You can say this isn't D*'s regular policy, but be careful about saying it NEVER happened.

I'm NOT making this up. When I saw my friend, she was so mad she was still hyper-ventilating. She had a problem with billing, and whomever she talked to (no, I don't know a name--I doubt if she does either) told her there would be a $5 fee to talk to a representative.

Is it possible she had a misunderstanding? Yes, but knowing this woman, I don't think that's likely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)