Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DIRECTV, Major League Baseball and FOX Sports to Deliver Historic National 3D Broadcast of the 2010 All-Star Game

The Mid-Summer Classic will be Available Exclusively on DIRECTV's 3D Channel 'n3D(TM) Powered by Panasonic'

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Jul 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- DIRECTV, Major League Baseball and FOX Sports, continuing to lead the industry in sports programming innovation, will offer the 2010 MLB All-Star Game in 3D exclusively on DIRECTV's new 3D channel, n3D (TM) powered by Panasonic (Channel 103).

The telecast of the mid-summer classic from Angels Stadium in Anaheim, Calif., next Tuesday will make sports TV history as the first national broadcast of an MLB game in 3D.

"We are excited to be the exclusive provider of this history making broadcast of the MLB All-Star game in 3D and working on this pivotal TV event with Major League Baseball and FOX Sports, our long-time partners in innovative sports programming," said Derek Chang, executive vice president, Content Strategy and Development for DIRECTV. "Though we're still in the early innings of this amazing technology's evolution, we continue to believe 3D, like HD, will fundamentally change the TV landscape, and offer viewers a new and totally engaging way to watch sports, movies and other entertainment programming in the home."

The 3D broadcast will require a separate FOX Sports production crew using nine cameras to cover the game, offering viewers camera angles not normally seen in a regular 2D broadcast. Barry Landis will produce the 3D broadcast. Derek Manning directs. Chris Long serves as senior vice president of Entertainment for DIRECTV. The 3D telecast is available to DIRECTV HD customers with an HD 3D TV set and 3D glasses.

DIRECTV and Panasonic have been leaders in the delivery of 3D content, recently launching an industry-first trio of dedicated 3D channels including n3D(TM) powered by Panasonic, DIRECTV Cinema(TM) in 3D and n3D(TM)on Demand, which is currently offering replays of ESPN's 3D coverage of the 2010 World Cup Games. DIRECTV launched ESPN 3D on June 1 and will offer the network's live 3D broadcast of the World Cup final on July 11 and the 2010 State Farm Home Run Derby on July 12.

DIRECTV also delivered the first 3D NASCAR race with TNT last Saturday featuring the NASCAR Coke Zero 400 in 3D and will deliver regional telecasts of the New York Yankees-Seattle Mariners series July 10-11, produced in 3D by DIRECTV with YES Network and FSN Northwest. For more information on DIRECTV's 3D channels please visit DIRECTV: DIRECTV 3D TV.

They announced that a long time ago. Reannouncing in case we missed it the first time?

S~

I remember them announcing a Yankees game, but don't remember anything about the All Star Game...

But they put out a press release so we passed it along. :)

I don't give care about 3D, give us more hd or at least match Dish!

Hey guy's ...
Lets take it easy on Scott, he's just passing the info along ....

Would you rather it NOT be posted ?

Personally, I'm not running out to get a set anytime soon, but some others have them already.

I was playing around the other day at the local ABC and they had 2 3D sets on display.

I tried on one pair of glasses, they didn't fit., fell off actually.

The other set I tried on fit well.

When the salesman got around to me, I asked him "Do i NEED to buy THIS particular set seeing the GLASSES FIT, even though I liked the OTHER TV better !"

I remember them announcing a Yankees game, but don't remember anything about the All Star Game...

But they put out a press release so we passed it along. :)

Unfortunately the Yankees, Mariners game is only available to NY residents according to the guide info.

S~

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)