DirecTV Trail Periods?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Piratefan98

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 20, 2006
I am reallly close to taking the plunge and switching to DirecTV. I am just a little antsy about a 2-yr commitment without there being any sort of trail period.

I have a relatively complex install (5 rooms, 2 w/HD), getting the HD package, Regional Sports package, DVR, etc., so it will be at least $100/mo. I would have a lot more peace of mind knowing that if something didn't meet my needs, that I could back out, i.e.:

- If there were PQ/reception issues (some very long cable runs will be required). There are also a few trees that "might" be an issue.
- Not getting the exact channels that the DirecTV web-site says I'll get based on my zip code (there are a few local sports HD channels that would be deal-breakers if I couldn't get them)

Also, it would be nice to be able to meet personally with the installer before signing on the dotted line to get their expert opinion on my particular installation, line-of-sight to the satellite, PQ questions, whether my existing house wiring/distribution could be used (rather than running a bunch of wires all over the outside of my house to feed the various rooms.

Anyway, I am sqarely on the fence on whether to stick with Comcast or move to DirecTV. I'd make the plunge if a trial period were available. Do they ever offer them?

Jeff

Last edited:
no they don't offer a trial period which is disappointing but i don't see why you would be disappointed with DirecTV. The installer will let you know what kind of situation you are in when he gets out there for the install. most likely, it won't be a hard one

I think it is 3 days. Ask them to be sure.

You shouldn't have a problem with HD sports feeds - they are no longer on spotbeams - all the RSNs are available nationally now. Any sport packages (MLB, NHL, NBA) use these feeds to show the games in HD.

If they can't get signal due to trees that will just cancel the order.

If the cable run is too long, not sure what to do. 150' - 200' is about the max.

That promotion lasted about a month. IIRC, the current trial period is three days.

As Daboogas94e points out, if they can't/won't install, there is no commitment.

It recently went down to 24 hours... guess they pissed to many people off in the first 72 hours and wanted to lock more in...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)