DirecTV TV Internet Connect & Whole-Home DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

seaquake2

Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
I was wondering how they would setup the TV Internet Connect for my 2 HDDVR boxes?

I want both HDDVR boxes connected and paid the $25 fee.

If I can keep my cable modem in my living room then 1 HDDVR box will be through Ethernet and 1HDDVR will be through wireless.

If I have to move cable modem to spare bedroom then both HDDVR boxes will need to be wireless. Does that $25 cover 2 wireless setups?

Also I have a question about Whole-Home DVR. How does it work in regards to how does it share the data from the DVR? Is it through the TV Internet Connection or only over the coxical?

The "official" whole-home DVR method is to use DECA (a form of MoCA) over the coaxial cables (which requires a SWM and specific types of splitters and possibly filters). It can be done over ethernet, but that method is unsupported (you are on your own). Some people have gotten a wireless connection to work for MRV, but most are not getting adequate performance that way. Whole home DVR is typically done as part of a $148 upgrade, which will ensure that all of your equipment is compatible (or upgraded if not). Some people have received an adapter for network connections as part of this, while others have had to pay $25 extra for the adapter and power supply, which is much less than you would pay if you bought them from a dealer. The network connection connects the adapter to both your coax cabling and an ethernet connection to your router.

I was wondering how they would setup the TV Internet Connect for my 2 HDDVR boxes?

I want both HDDVR boxes connected and paid the $25 fee.
The $25 kit is basically a stand-alone DECA adapter with a power supply. They'll run a coax line to somewhere near your router / network, and use this device to bridge the Ethernet over Coax (DECA) network to your home network for Internet access.

The $25 kit is basically a stand-alone DECA adapter with a power supply. They'll run a coax line to somewhere near your router / network, and use this device to bridge the Ethernet over Coax (DECA) network to your home network for Internet access.
sounds reasonable suggestion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts