Directv will never let you leave!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dins1

Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
Los Angeles
I just want to get out of this relationship! This is the worst breakup I have ever had! I've had the service since 2000. I liked it, everything worked fine. Then one day the service went out, dish not properly aligned or something like that. The only problem is it is at our vacation house which we only use a couple of times a year. So nobody is ever there to let in a repair guy (don't even ask about installation--another disaster!). So they put my account on hold for a couple of months. Before it gets reactivated they send me a nice email reminding me--very much appreciated. Still we can't work out a time to get somebody out there so we put it on hold again. Next time no notification, they just turn our account back on and start charging us. Oh yeah, the service still does not work. We complain, it goes back on hold, and no charge. I'm upset, but understanding. I still want it to work, but this has been going on over a year by this time. Finally I decide we just aren't using the service and nobody is ever coming to fix it, so lets just cancel. But for some reason this doesn't happen. It never happens ! It turns out you have to send a card back to them. Good to know! Problem is its 150 miles away! So by the time we get back there to get the card, the service has been restarted and we are being charged again. But, the service still does not work. After multiple frustrating calls I'm told sorry, pay the bill (actually its almost impossible to talk to anyone if you have a balance outstanding!) My wife actually paid a months worth of service simply to talk to someone! Ridiculous! Finally I'm assured that we are disconnected and that they are sending me an evelope to mail back the card, otherwise I will be charged another $250. But that never came either. So now they want me to pay almost $400 for something I haven't used in 2 years.

Please Directv, I just want to move on. We had good times once, but you've changed. Time to see other people. Let me go!

I would escalate this complaint up to a supervisor or manager and take no for an answer. I also would not allow Direct access to any credit cards on file. If that don't work contact the attorney generals office about this and let DirecTV know your doing this.

I just want to get out of this relationship! This is the worst breakup I have ever had! I've had the service since 2000. I liked it, everything worked fine. Then one day the service went out, dish not properly aligned or something like that. The only problem is it is at our vacation house which we only use a couple of times a year. So nobody is ever there to let in a repair guy (don't even ask about installation--another disaster!). So they put my account on hold for a couple of months. Before it gets reactivated they send me a nice email reminding me--very much appreciated. Still we can't work out a time to get somebody out there so we put it on hold again. Next time no notification, they just turn our account back on and start charging us. Oh yeah, the service still does not work. We complain, it goes back on hold, and no charge. I'm upset, but understanding. I still want it to work, but this has been going on over a year by this time. Finally I decide we just aren't using the service and nobody is ever coming to fix it, so lets just cancel. But for some reason this doesn't happen. It never happens ! It turns out you have to send a card back to them. Good to know! Problem is its 150 miles away! So by the time we get back there to get the card, the service has been restarted and we are being charged again. But, the service still does not work. After multiple frustrating calls I'm told sorry, pay the bill (actually its almost impossible to talk to anyone if you have a balance outstanding!) My wife actually paid a months worth of service simply to talk to someone! Ridiculous! Finally I'm assured that we are disconnected and that they are sending me an evelope to mail back the card, otherwise I will be charged another $250. But that never came either. So now they want me to pay almost $400 for something I haven't used in 2 years.

Please Directv, I just want to move on. We had good times once, but you've changed. Time to see other people. Let me go!

:welcome to Satelliteguys!
Sorry for your problems, but you do realize that you are about 99% responsible for the situation don't you? You certainly can't blame Directv for you not being able to go to the service address in a reasonable amount of time.

I agree Raoul......I don't see why 150 miles should even be mentioned in the OP's message.....that means nothing to Direct TV.....they could care less how far away the OP is to the vacation house. If he wants something fixed then he needs to make the time to get it working properly.

150..thats it?

Heck I've driven that far to the lake house to swap cards in a receiver so it dont get shut off...and then drove back home

Why would you have a separate account for your vacation house? Why not just take your receiver with you rather than playing games putting the account to sleep?

Not trying to be a homer, but, you can't blame it all on them, you should of accomidated them by setting up a time to be at the vacation house. And they should of been easier to deal with at the same time. So, Im not saying you are 100% Wrong, but it should be 50-50. But thats just my opinion.

Directv is like a cancer, your never rid of it competely.

Speaking of cancer you can never get rid of, why do you even still come here? We get it, you hate DirecTV and you are orgasmically in love with your Blue Ridge cable (and SARA, the only UI uglier than DirecTV's). So like, go away already.

troll [trohl] n: One who derives pleasure in posting irrelevant, controversial, equivocating, ambiguous, or unclear responses to a genuine set of discussions in an internet community.

Last edited:
I feel some of his pain. He CANCELLED the service. They turned it back on because they wanted the card back even though they know he can't receive a signal. Seems like Directv doesn't really want him as a customer.

You're kidding right? He's too lazy to take a two hour drive to either meet the tech or go get the card to send back, but it's Directv's fault? No sympathy at all, it's 100% the OP's fault because he didn't even make an effort to fix this.

I feel some of his pain. He CANCELLED the service. They turned it back on because they wanted the card back even though they know he can't receive a signal. Seems like Directv doesn't really want him as a customer.

He didn't cancel the service until he returned the card, which he didn't do. Why is that Directv's fault?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts