Directv Worldirect Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

baurecomm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2005
I just installed the new directv int'l dish (36") and not getting the 95 degree signal. DTV sent me the new D10 receiver that is supposed been pre installed
with the new software that detects 95 sat. I followed the manual instructions, went to menu screen, selected setup, then satellite then auto detect. For some reason it's only detecting 101 not 95. The multi switch that i used is
the 4x8 (powered). Connected the dual lnb to sat A - 13 and 18 volts and
connected the foreign lnb (trying to get the new filipino channels) to 18V of the sat B. Can someone tell me what i am missing or doing wrong or is the
unit defective? Also does anybody know where I can get satellite pointing coordinates for 95 sat. I found one for 72.5 but nothing for 95. Appreciate all the help. Thanks.

Dato

i believe in order to get the linear LNB to work.....your going to have to use a 6x8 with the flexport built in......made by Zinwell......and i think the new Zinwell 4x4's are 95 compatible

Thanks for your reply dragontat002, but I was told that you only need 6x8 with flexiport if you have the sat b and c installed as well. I'm only installing 101 and 95 so I don't need the flexiport. There's something else i'm missing or not doing right. I have set the elevation at 38, azimuth at 142/143 and tilt at 106 per CSG network based on my zip code in Ca. My signal meter was getting a good signal 101 but when i check my directv receiver and do an auto detect, it does not detect the 95 and does not even display on their menu. It only display 101, 110 and 119. The D10 receiver by Directv is supposed to be preloaded with the software that suppose to detect 95 when you select auto detect. I'm not sure what's wrong. Need help from someone that has installed the 95.

Make sure you point the dish to 95, not 101. Use this website to find azimuth/elevation.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/antennasatelazposcalc.html

The D10 itself out-of-the box does not have 95 info. Only when your dish points correctly to 95, then software will be downloaded through satellite into D10.

It is very hard to find out the 95 because it is a FSS, which has only 1/2 to 1/3 transmission power than a DBS (101).

thanks for the info xrf1. Sounds like I need a signal meter like a bird dog to locate 95 first before i can use the D10. I have not tried the bird dog....because of the price tag, any other recommendation for finding sat 95 that's less expensive?

baurecomm said:
thanks for the info xrf1. Sounds like I need a signal meter like a bird dog to locate 95 first before i can use the D10. I have not tried the bird dog....because of the price tag, any other recommendation for finding sat 95 that's less expensive?

I would recommend someone with a birddog pointing that dish for you. There are a few sats in the 95W "neighborhood" that can give signal strengths to simple sat meters, but do not let you know if you have the right one. I haven't seen anyone recommend the old-fashioned point-check D* rcvr for tone and strength-move-repeat method for the 95W sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts