Directv2PC and Windows 7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

michaelbudney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Anyone using Directv2PC with Windows 7 64 bit? I see some mixed reports, some say it works and others say it doesn't.

I just installed and it can't seem to find the receiver. However, I experienced the issue quite a bit under Vista as well. So I'm not sure if it's just the random no receiver issue. Sometimes the receiver can't find the media share either. That makes me wonder if there is just something off about the networking on the HR22.

The firewall is open between them and I can ping the HR22 just fine.

No problems here. I've been beta testing 7 since build 7000. I now have 7600.16385 installed. Still working. I don't have the HR22 though. I have it working with the 20 and 23.

It's probably just the usual network weirdness I get. I also had the same issues with the HR21. Sometimes the local LAN stuff would work and other times not. The xbox and Blu-ray player, connected through the same bridge, never have issues. However, the WAN always seems to work for the DVRs.

dbstalk CE Forum has a new beta directv2pc: v5514

I have not found it anywhere else but there; you'll need to use your existing DIRECTV2PC key to activate it.

Here are the notes:

Thanks to Doug Brotts for the notes, post & thread!!

New features
  • Dual Monitor Support (Extension mode)
  • Always on Top
  • Codec download
  • Windows 7 Support
Improved/Updated
  • Activation
  • DVR Friendly Names
  • Trickplay
  • Parental controls
Notes
  • Please use your existing DIRECTV2PC key .. If you do not have one, please complete the Beta Download process @ http://www.directv.com/directv2pc
  • New Codecs may be download & installed as part of the setup/activation process after installation.

I have 5102 I just downloaded from DTV a couple days ago. I guess I'll need to get a dbstalk account.

Thanks

Be sure to read the thread. Some have posted problems with folders in playlist not opening. My playback was a bit jerky until I updated my display driver. Looks smooth now.

I noticed I had an unknown error with Vista Windows but it came up the second time when I unlocked parental lock before trying to view.

Updated to 5514 but still no receiver found. It will respond to a ping just fine. Just started a reboot of the receiver to see if that helps.

One thing I did notice is how much faster the new build is to launch.

dbstalk CE Forum has a new beta directv2pc: v5514

I have not found it anywhere else but there; you'll need to use your existing DIRECTV2PC key to activate it.

Here are the notes:

Thanks to Doug Brotts for the notes, post & thread!!

New features
  • Dual Monitor Support (Extension mode)
  • Always on Top
  • Codec download
  • Windows 7 Support
Improved/Updated
  • Activation
  • DVR Friendly Names
  • Trickplay
  • Parental controls
Notes
  • Please use your existing DIRECTV2PC key .. If you do not have one, please complete the Beta Download process @ http://www.directv.com/directv2pc
  • New Codecs may be download & installed as part of the setup/activation process after installation.
The issue with the new version is that it uses all of the RAM from you video card and it requires a pretty powerful video card in order to work.

The issue with the new version is that it uses all of the RAM from you video card and it requires a pretty powerful video card in order to work.

Try to update the firmware on your router. This cleaned up the problem with Windows 7 (32 & 64).

Yeah, I went through that exercise into early Wednesday morning. My NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT display adapter driver had a new release 7/7/2009. I updated the driver and the video jerkiness went away.

I've updated my router f/w twice since I came to CE Forum. Yes, I think it does make a difference. I still need to get a Gigabit Switch and replace some of the older short run cat5 cables with some higher specs.

I wish MRV video was as stable as Directv2Pc is. MRV has better features but the video splats just aren't there with Directv2PC playback (on the same network). I didn't see any imperfections that I hadn't already noticed in the Live Broadcast when it was recording.

Version 5514 adds DUAL MONITOR SUPPORT - NOT Windows 7 support.

5313 that has been out a few months (and posted here) has Win 7 support.

I'll post a new thread and download link for 5514.

Version 5514 adds DUAL MONITOR SUPPORT - NOT Windows 7 support.

5313 that has been out a few months (and posted here) has Win 7 support.

I'll post a new thread and download link for 5514.

Maybe the read should be, "expanded Windows 7 Support"?

Sorry, I wasn't aware that v5313 had the support for Windows 7.

Another thing I noticed, was the video acceleration where available; maybe that's why I needed to update my video adapter to get smooth motion with NASCAR playback.

Anyway, it's good to see v5514 beta here; thanks for posting it. Let the testing begin!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts