DirecTV2PC - CE Beta 2.1 - v.4902 (File Fixed)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Important Note:

Please note that the video processing has move from the CPU to the graphics card .. This will be GREAT for those of you that have appropriate hardware, but will cause those without appropriate hardware to lose video altogether. Please bear this in mind.

Also, please, please, please .. DO NOT CALL/EMAIL CUSTOMER SUPPORT about this beta version. This is an unsupported version at this time. While DIRECTV may be aware of the version that is on their site, this version of DIRECTVPC is pre-beta. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Download Link (32.1mb) (Fixed 1/22):
http://www.satelliteguys.us/vid/4902.exe

New features
  • Video Acceleration when available
  • Support for Friendly Names
  • Offer "Retry" when content cannot be played due to HDCP support issue
  • Change activation key: when receiving "incorrect activation key"
  • New EULA (please read)
  • Prevent screen capture of D2PC app
  • Ability to connect to update server

Improved/Updated
  • Trick Play
  • video / audio mismatch in FF mode
  • Lip sync issues
  • Server lookup/connection consistency
  • Parental: when no PIN, default setting is unlocked
  • Edge sharpness during playback in full screen
  • ATSC playback audio
  • Video lockup when changing audio/video several times
  • parental controls
  • refined "Download now" behavior
  • Closed Captioning
  • Fixed Ctrl-P so that it will pause
  • Improved playback when USB device in use
  • Closed Captioning on Intel platform
  • "Showcase" tab is now "Top Movies"
  • Can't Connect OSD when selecting Resume (Beta 2.1)

Notes
  • For the people experiencing "an error has occurred", uninstall and scrub disk+registry (if practical), then reinstall.
  • For the copy protection issues - check driver/device settings to enable h/w encryption/decryption, if such setting can be found
  • Please use your existing DIRECTV2PC key .. If you do not have one, please complete the Beta Download process @ http://www.directv.com/directv2pc

Last edited:
I downloaded and installed no worries. Used the first activation code that I had and no issues. Watching now. Trick play appears better.

I just checked it out and something went wrong when I uploaded the file to the server.

The problems you guys are having are my fault, nothing with the D2PC software.

I fiexed the link and deleted some of the posts relating to my mistake to clean up the thread.

Please try the download again. I just downloaded it after doing the upload, installed it, and it works.

Sorry again.

The new version is very fast interface wise - best release yet. Works perfectly in a few minutes of testing I tried.

The user interface is very fast with this version that uses the graphics adapter for the majority of the "work" instead of the CPU.

Do you need to have a certain software version on your DVR or will it work with any? I use the Direct2PC, but the national release DVR software.

Do you need to have a certain software version on your DVR or will it work with any? I use the Direct2PC, but the national release DVR software.

At this point it should work fine with the national release software.

The "friendly name" setup works great. Use the keyword search MRVCLIENTON (just like those using MRV on the H21) and then go to network setup to name each DVR individually. The names then show up on the server menu in DirecTV2PC. Much better than trying to remember what is what. No issues with MRV naming for me, it worked quickly and perfectly.

Still don't work with Windows 7! Any reason why not?

There could be a thousand reasons. My attempts with Windows 7 revealed most problems tied to the video card drivers, after a few days I couldn't even get it to boot anymore.

I doubt DirecTV & Cyberlink will spend much time working on this for Windows 7 until there is a more definite timetable for release, and a more fine-tuned Windows 7 for them to work with.

Apparently my video driver allows screen capture. The program loads fine and I go to my dvr but when I try to play it tells me my video driver allows screen capture so it won't play. Can I get the old version back?

I tried playing CSI and it worked just fine. However, I then tried to play Lie to Me and it froze the program. Subsequent playback is working fine now.

-----

PC is an Dell Inspiron 531, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+, 4GB Memory, nVidia GeForce 8600GTS Video Card, Windows XP Pro SP3.

DVR is an HR23-700

At this point it should work fine with the national release software.

I am running the national release and I just installed 4902 after an uninstall of the Beta on the cyberlink site and I got no video but could hear the audio.

I then uninstalled 4902 and re-installed the released beta and the video was back.

I'm running Vista and my HR-20-100 is on the network.

If I can get the CE to download and install tonight, I'll re-install 4902 and see if the video appears in conjunction with CE.

If you have no video on this new version it would seem your video card isn't working with this beta. The new beta uses the video processor instead of doing the majority of the work with the CPU. It could be a incompatibility with the video card driver too. Hard to say.

DIRECTV2PC - HD Playback issue

I just installed DirectTV2PC for the first time using the latest 4902 build. HD playback seems perfect except for when I use the mouse to reposition playback on the time-line. After that the video is full of artifacts and I have to stop and restart playback.

My hardware, ATI HD3200, is 1080P compatible so it's probably not that.

Does anyone else see this issue?

HR23-700 - CE 18:07
DirecTV2PC v.4902

After trying to 30 second skip I no longer have video. Issue arose after new CE downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)