jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Important Note:
Please note that the video processing has move from the CPU to the graphics card .. This will be GREAT for those of you that have appropriate hardware, but will cause those without appropriate hardware to lose video altogether. Please bear this in mind.

Also, please, please, please .. DO NOT CALL/EMAIL CUSTOMER SUPPORT about this beta version. This is an unsupported version at this time. While DIRECTV may be aware of the version that is on their site, this version of DIRECTVPC is pre-beta. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Download v5020 Link (33mb)

Hardware Advisor Link (To see if your system can handle DirecTV2PC GPU Test Pre-Beta Version.) (3mb)

New features
  • Video Acceleration when available
  • Support for Friendly Names
  • Offer "Retry" when content cannot be played due to HDCP support issue
  • Change activation key: when receiving "incorrect activation key"
  • New EULA (please read)
  • Prevent screen capture of D2PC app
  • Ability to connect to update server
  • Support for Windows 7 Activation (Beta 2.2)

Improved/Updated

• Trick Play
  • video / audio mismatch in FF mode
  • Lip sync issues
  • Server lookup/connection consistency
  • Parental: when no PIN, default setting is unlocked
  • Edge sharpness during playback in full screen
  • ATSC playback audio
  • Video lockup when changing audio/video several times
  • parental controls
  • refined "Download now" behavior
  • Closed Captioning
  • Fixed Ctrl-P so that it will pause
  • Improved playback when USB device in use
  • Closed Captioning on Intel platform
  • "Showcase" tab is now "Top Movies"
  • Can't Connect OSD when selecting Resume (Beta 2.1)
  • Closed Captioning (Beta 2.3)
  • Trick Play (Beta 2.3)

Notes
  • For the people experiencing "an error has occurred", uninstall and scrub disk+registry (if practical), then reinstall.
  • For the copy protection issues - check driver/device settings to enable h/w encryption/decryption, if such setting can be found
  • Please use your existing DIRECTV2PC key .. If you do not have one, please complete the Beta Download process @ DirecTV2PC Original Beta Download / Serial Number Acquisition

So does anyone else actually test this lol? or just use it randomly? I have noticed D2PC actually works better than MRV is most cases. Any other input?

Edit, figured I would just edit this rather than post again even though its a couple days old, 2df seemed to break d2pc for me :( looking into setting tomorrow, good night world

Last edited:
I use it ocassionally.

Just tested it for about 10 minutes with a variety of recordings using the new 02DF on two HR20s, and it worked great.

With this new version that uses the video processor for most of the work - D2PC has worked flawlessly for me, although I don't use it all that often.

I can't seem to get a license code emailed to me. No matter what email I use, I never get anything! (I've checked my spam and allowed the Cyberlink email address.)

I havnt restarted the hr since the update, have to try that when the kids get off the tv lol, but otherwise its saying cannot connect.

After restarting all is working fine, opinion question here, about a possible future feature request. The ability to set the window overlay when in a resized format. As in if i start it resize it to a smaller window (and the quality adjusts very nicely at this point too) If there was a way to set the window to always remain ontop of other windows, so that way it would be like pip on the pc, just a thought, this can probably be done witha 3pty app but im lazy, i know rocketdock allows this.

Until it supports dual monitors I've stopped testing.
Same here. I would absolutely love to have this open at the same time I'm browsing or playing a simple game.

After restarting all is working fine, opinion question here, about a possible future feature request. The ability to set the window overlay when in a resized format. As in if i start it resize it to a smaller window (and the quality adjusts very nicely at this point too) If there was a way to set the window to always remain ontop of other windows, so that way it would be like pip on the pc, just a thought, this can probably be done witha 3pty app but im lazy, i know rocketdock allows this.

A remain on top feature would be nice.

I can't seem to get a license code emailed to me. No matter what email I use, I never get anything! (I've checked my spam and allowed the Cyberlink email address.)

Did you let the download finish, it won't send a serial unless you completely download the file from the cyberlink site (routed from directv.com)

Until it supports dual monitors I've stopped testing.

I stopped using on my PC because of this too. I use direct HDMI on the second monitor. I do use it on my laptop. Its actually quite good on a MacBook running Vista natively. Its even smoother than an H23 with MRV.

I WANT THIS.... ON TOP Feature like Slingbox. So I can minimize the picture and surf behind on Internet.

Here is my system info:
LCD Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T220
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600
Graphics card:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280
CPU Case: Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel
CPU Cooler:
Tuniq Tower 120
Motherboard model: P5Q-PRO
Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista 64
Screen resolution: 1680x1050
RAM:
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Hard drive model: Western Digital VelociRaptor x2
PSU: Antec TPQ-850 850W

I am soon going to be upgrading to a Nvidia 295 GTX, I think I can run this sucker like nothing.
I am going to try dual monitor, and see if that works.

This is weird, I try to connect, but it doesn't scan my receiver...I've restarted my system few times, and that didn't help.
Anyone got any suggestion?

Keeps telling me the CD key is wrong. I got the email from Cyberlink, with the key in it, but it does not work.

I also noticed, that it would not detect my HR20 while connected to wireless, but as soon as I hardwired, it found it right away

EDIT:

ok, it is not that the CD key is wrong, but that it is unable to connect to the internet to activate. Everything else can connect, so I am not sure where the issue lays!! I even went into the FW and opened port 443, as the error I get says it needs to be open.

Last edited:
If the product is going to be marketable, it must support dual monitors. I'm using a 22" Hi Def monitor in my office as a TV and would like to be able to continue using my other 2 monitors (yes, I have 3 monitors) for online classwork or browsing.

It is an incredible pain to shut off the other 2 monitors, watch a show, and then enable them again only to have to reorganize their positions.

All in all, the software works flawlessly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)