Dirt And Worms...please Help

avheat22

Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Long story short, dish has sent 2 techs out to my house to set up my box, then install the dish 1000. The tech today installed the dish 1000, but when we go to get satelitte 129, it just says "conn" and nothing else.

Dish is sending yet another techbecause they say its the 1000, the last tech said it was my 622.... well guys is there anything I can do to try and get it up and running? I really am a patient man, but this is getting me upset! Thanks for the help!

-Anthony

There could be a variety of issues. But I'll take a stab and say the most likely thing is you don't have a line of site for the 129. Most areas have the 129 as a bit lower in elevation. If you feel up to it, check the direction your dish is pointed at and see if there are any possible obstructions.

line of site

I do feel up to it, I will even have my wife watch the tv, is there anything else to tuning a satellite dish?

-Anthony

I agree with webbydude on this one. If it says conn but does not get a signal, then it is not getting a signal. Period. 129 is harder to get and I have experienced issues with it. You better hope they bring out another dish to point it in at a different location, if its even possible at all.

First move only left or right (very little & very slowly) until max signal is reached. Then lock in place. Next move up or down (very little & very slowly) until max signal is reached. Lock in place. Then repeat as necessary until best reception is reached. Good luck.

OH My Gosh

Ok my wife just said that the guy went up and tried about 6 times with no luck, everytime he moved the dish the others would go out, now I'm at a loss, PLEASE ADVISE!!!!

-Anthony:eek:

This is kind of like a mechanic asking you to back the car up to the phone so he can listen to it Unless the Klingons have uncloaked and blasted it, the 129 satellite is still up there. If your receiver is not getting it, it is as the aforementioned wise men suggested: you may have something blocking your view of it. At the very least. you have some so-called techs who do not know how to point a dish. One thing that also may be wrong is the mast the dish is on is not level. With the dish 1000, it is alot more important to get the mast level. That means level on both the north/south axis and the east/west axis. If I were you, I would lean on whomever is responsible for this install to come out and get it right. Dish 1000 is a little harder to point, but it is not the Holy Grail...

Where are you posting from? If you are posting from the west coast the 129 signal is weak. Also look at the "sticky" regarding solar outages.

Last edited:
Where From

Thanks for the help, I think I will go buy a cheap tuner tomorrow or get a buddy over here to help me! I live just East, about 20 miles, of Los Angeles.

-Anthony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts