DIRT - DOES ANYBODY AT DISH ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT A 15-YEAR CUSTOMER??

barryaz1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Scottsdale AZ
Ever since 328, my EHD (HWS) has yet to be recognized unless I go thru an unplug/plug and even then it won't complete a transfer. I've posted in existing threads, started new ones, been told I'd be called by Matt (which didn't happen), and still nothing. Whatever happened to Service there? Do you want us all to unplug and go online? That, plus an OTA antenna might be my future unless I get some attention and care.

Well, I'm sure they do, and (from what I've read here) are working hard to fix this. But at the end of the day, we're just two of over 14 million other customers. It's impossible to pay attention to everyone, and front line customer service reps can't fix this problem themselves anyhow. So what do you want them to do exactly?

Takes time to fix issues..reminds me of all the stupid UPS and FED-Ex complaints last few days about not getting gifts on time. People just have no idea that we had a massive storm system that came thru and caused all sorts of problems not to mention most of these people prob ordered the 23rd or waiting till the last minute.

Almost as amazing as people complaining on the comcast forums about internet not working in the states that are nearly all without power and inches of ice hanging all over everything lol...I mean really???

Case in point here - be patient!

I'm a 17 year Dish customer with the same issues as everyone else with EHD's on the Hopper. I'm not transferring anything back and forth because I know about the issue thanks to Satguys

Ever since 328, my EHD (HWS) has yet to be recognized unless I go thru an unplug/plug and even then it won't complete a transfer. I've posted in existing threads, started new ones, been told I'd be called by Matt (which didn't happen), and still nothing. Whatever happened to Service there? Do you want us all to unplug and go online? That, plus an OTA antenna might be my future unless I get some attention and care.

I know that Dish is aware of the problem and can only assume that they are trying to fix it as fast as they can. I'm not sure if you just want some kind of bogus statement from Dish in order to make you feel better or not. It may just be a case of you not actually talking to someone that can give you an honest answer. None of us know for sure what is going on but we just have to assume that they are trying to fix it I guess.

It's the holidays - probably a very small staff working, so take a deep breath & relax - according to DIRT there's a scheduled update coming in less than 2 weeks that should fix it.

Sorry to hear about the experience you have had. As others in this thread have stated, we are aware of this issue and working to resolve this. 1/10/14 is the date I have for when the software that corrects this should begin rolling out.

Last edited:
When I called Dish tech yesterday for another simple problem, I talked to what seemed like a savvy individual.
She said she did a search on the EHD problem and could not find any reference to it, so she submitted it again.
Shouldn't it show up on a problem search if it is a known issue that they are working on?

I would like to transfer 500GB of programs off my old Hopper so I can hook up my new Hopper with Sling, that has been sitting here in the box for weeks now waiting for this to be fixed. Then I can send back the old Hopper and try to straighten out the billing mess.

When I called Dish tech yesterday for another simple problem, I talked to what seemed like a savvy individual.
She said she did a search on the EHD problem and could not find any reference to it, so she submitted it again.
Shouldn't it show up on a problem search if it is a known issue that they are working on?

I would like to transfer 500GB of programs off my old Hopper so I can hook up my new Hopper with Sling, that has been sitting here in the box for weeks now waiting for this to be fixed. Then I can send back the old Hopper and try to straighten out the billing mess.

Just double checked and it is on the known product issues list. Perhaps she didn't see it. Send me your account if you'd like me to notate it.

I know that Dish is aware of the problem and can only assume that they are trying to fix it as fast as they can. I'm not sure if you just want some kind of bogus statement from Dish in order to make you feel better or not. It may just be a case of you not actually talking to someone that can give you an honest answer. None of us know for sure what is going on but we just have to assume that they are trying to fix it I guess.

Actually, I have been quite patient. By the time 1/10 is here, it will have been about 2 months pretty much without a useful EHD. I would appreciate a sense of urgency from Dish, which has seemed to be absent. Yes, this takes time, but isn't that what pre-release testing should be for?

Actually, I have been quite patient. By the time 1/10 is here, it will have been about 2 months pretty much without a useful EHD. I would appreciate a sense of urgency from Dish, which has seemed to be absent. Yes, this takes time, but isn't that what pre-release testing should be for?

I, too, agree with the responses from others here that we need to be patient and understanding. BUT, you have to read deeper into Barry's original post. This is NOT a rare, one-off problem that only happens under some strange, unanticipated condition a user is throwing at their equipment. It's a thing Dish broke, among other things they either ignored fixing or messed up with a software update. Like Barry, I'm also floored that they do not have a robust testing process.

I've been "patiently" waiting for many months for Dish to fix the problem I've outlined a few times here and on their forum where I cannot view recordings from my other non-Sling Hopper at times and I have to keep rebooting the Hopper w/Sling to get the device to work. For a few days. Seems other customers have the same or similar issue too. My patience is running thin as well...

Yep, sounds like they are doing pre-release testing right now on the update coming 1/10 - so what you want is them to release it today/tomorrow and not pre-release test this so once again this update will break something else you need or want and then spend another 2 months asking for more sense of urgency for more updates but not to pre-release test??

I mean really man, think about what you are saying here. I would rather they take another month to test and test some more and then test some more before releasing another software update and causing more issues than we are already dealing with. I'm one of the biggest wishes for them to hurry up and get ESPNU in HD and the other HD channels from Disney and I voice it rather often however aside from posting and venting here it isn't really going to help lol I guess it just makes me feel better like I didn't step on an ant today when I walked around feeling.

You guys got to keep in mind that its only a known issue to the people on this board. 99% of the other customers out there don't use external drives, or are NOT familier enough with the equipment to realize that there is even a problem at all and that Dish has a history of writing buggy software.

Claude is correct. The majority if folks never use those things...

We are just a tougher crowd to please.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I would be happy to beta test the EHD fix for them.
Mine have had issues for a year and a half now.
I don't even know if this fix is addressing the problem where I can't see 80% of the shows on the transfer screen so I don't even get a chance to select them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)