DIRT help? My 622 has a TV2 problem.

rex_a

Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Jose CA
I've had a Vip622 since 2006. This morning I discovered the TV2 signal is VERY distorted and has buzz on audio. Was OK a couple days ago. I changed the TV2 output channel, swapped in a different cable, tried a different TV, also tried the TV2 composit video out -- all bad. I can record OK when I select TV2, so only the output is bad. Sounds like a hardware problem in the DVR to me. Fortunately TV2 is the only problem that I can see -- TV1 and recorder are OK.

I haven't contacted support yet. I was thinking maybe I can get it swapped to a 722k to get a newer unit and an extra OTA receiver. I use OTA quite a bit.

I am hoping someone from DIRT could help and hopefully have me jump through minimum hoops to a resolution. If so, let me know who to contact.

Last edited:
622 to 722K I think is an upgrade that will involve $$ and contract, For the cost of the Protection Plan you can get the 622 replaced after you transfer recordings to a EHD if you wish to save them.

I've had a Vip622 since 2006. This morning I discovered the TV2 signal is VERY distorted and has buzz on audio. Was OK a couple days ago. I changed the TV2 output channel, swapped in a different cable, tried a different TV, also tried the TV2 composit video out -- all bad. I can record OK when I select TV2, so only the output is bad. Sounds like a hardware problem in the DVR to me. Fortunately TV2 is the only problem that I can see -- TV1 and recorder are OK.

I haven't contacted support yet. I was thinking maybe I can get it swapped to a 722k to get a newer unit and an extra OTA receiver. I use OTA quite a bit.

I am hoping someone from DIRT could help and hopefully have me jump through minimum hoops to a resolution. If so, let me know who to contact.

If you are still needing assistance, please Pm me with your account information and I will assist you further. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)