DIRT help? My 622 has a TV2 problem.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rex_a

Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Jose CA
I've had a Vip622 since 2006. This morning I discovered the TV2 signal is VERY distorted and has buzz on audio. Was OK a couple days ago. I changed the TV2 output channel, swapped in a different cable, tried a different TV, also tried the TV2 composit video out -- all bad. I can record OK when I select TV2, so only the output is bad. Sounds like a hardware problem in the DVR to me. Fortunately TV2 is the only problem that I can see -- TV1 and recorder are OK.

I haven't contacted support yet. I was thinking maybe I can get it swapped to a 722k to get a newer unit and an extra OTA receiver. I use OTA quite a bit.

I am hoping someone from DIRT could help and hopefully have me jump through minimum hoops to a resolution. If so, let me know who to contact.

Last edited:
622 to 722K I think is an upgrade that will involve $$ and contract, For the cost of the Protection Plan you can get the 622 replaced after you transfer recordings to a EHD if you wish to save them.

I've had a Vip622 since 2006. This morning I discovered the TV2 signal is VERY distorted and has buzz on audio. Was OK a couple days ago. I changed the TV2 output channel, swapped in a different cable, tried a different TV, also tried the TV2 composit video out -- all bad. I can record OK when I select TV2, so only the output is bad. Sounds like a hardware problem in the DVR to me. Fortunately TV2 is the only problem that I can see -- TV1 and recorder are OK.

I haven't contacted support yet. I was thinking maybe I can get it swapped to a 722k to get a newer unit and an extra OTA receiver. I use OTA quite a bit.

I am hoping someone from DIRT could help and hopefully have me jump through minimum hoops to a resolution. If so, let me know who to contact.

If you are still needing assistance, please Pm me with your account information and I will assist you further. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)