SlingPlayer application now asking for password after 922 update?

chilipepper

Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
ND
My software updated on my VIP922 last night and now SlingPlayer is asking for a password. It is a different password screen than normally show when you have another user logged in. This one says: "the Slingbox (My VIP922) requires a password to connect. Please enter the password below." There are two check boxes to log in as administrator and to save password below the password box.

What is up with that... obviously the default 'admin' that had to be entered before doesn't cut it this time around. This is with SlingPlayer 2.0.3...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ok what you need to do is DL the dra app if you have a compatible device and if you dont, dont fret, you will need to type in the password of "admin" (without quotes and caps not required) and check the admin box, you should be good to go from there

***EDIT***

oh and one more thing you may need to continue to do that whole admin thing more than once in the future, and don't be surprised if it closes the app after you do it the first time just open it again and try again, I had this issue on my iPod touch and Samsung moment before the DRA app came out, it is more hit or miss i believe.

Last edited:
This is on the PC Slingplayer application not on a mobile device. I used to get the password thing come up from time to time and admin would get me out of it but now something updated and it is somehow different. And most importantly the 'admin' password doesn't get me out of it.

Thanks, Ryan

OP is correct you can not connect to the 922 with "slingplayer" PC version or mobile version both will not accept either password "admin" or the one on the system info screen.

This need to get fixed ASAP.

Note to DIRT members please get this problem to whoever can get it fixed.

chilipepper said:
This is on the PC Slingplayer application not on a mobile device. I used to get the password thing come up from time to time and admin would get me out of it but now something updated and it is somehow different. And most importantly the 'admin' password doesn't get me out of it.

Thanks, Ryan

I know that changed from when I read it last, ur op that is. Sry didn't know it was the PC one. It originally just said slingplayer application. But yeah no clue of any work arounds on the PC as of now. Ill try to look into it.

Your welcome. And I have been hunting around for an answer. I might have gotten a hold of someone to help, just waiting on a reply.

The password was changed from admin to something random and unfortunately we can't find out what it is at this time. When I get word I will post it for you.

Sweet! Thanks for the tip. I guess I should have guessed to check there... Oh well it is working again for me!

Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)