ONE of four TVs has a BUZZ

MNDeb

Original poster
Oct 28, 2023
Minnesota
I have been reading for hours, trying to get any clue at all....... I thought the TV was on the fritz but a different TV was tested and it's the DISH's cable or whatever fault. We even used a different coaxial cable to see if that was the problem. (from the tv to the wall)

I have four TVs on Dish and only this one has the buzz. The hdmi , the roku is just fine, NO buzz. Did any advice, unplugged any other electrics plugged into the same room... etc. nothing. Let the receiver do it' "factory reset" thing.. nothing. Like I said, the other TV on the same box is just fine.

*sigh* could it be the cable in the wall? oh how I dread the thought.......any other clues?

I have been reading for hours, trying to get any clue at all....... I thought the TV was on the fritz but a different TV was tested and it's the DISH's cable or whatever fault. We even used a different coaxial cable to see if that was the problem. (from the tv to the wall)

I have four TVs on Dish and only this one has the buzz. The hdmi , the roku is just fine, NO buzz. Did any advice, unplugged any other electrics plugged into the same room... etc. nothing. Let the receiver do it' "factory reset" thing.. nothing. Like I said, the other TV on the same box is just fine.

*sigh* could it be the cable in the wall? oh how I dread the thought.......any other clues?
Need more details. What receivers do you have? Is the buzz constant? Is the buzz coming from the receiver itself or the TV speakers?

A hopper recover will make a buzz at the back of the receiver if there's a short in the system.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Need more details. What receivers do you have? Is the buzz constant? Is the buzz coming from the receiver itself or the TV speakers?

A hopper recover will make a buzz at the back of the receiver if there's a short in the system.
It is a VIP722K DVR receiver. The buzz is not coming from the receiver at all, only the TV#1 that is on it. Buzz goes up and down with the volume. Thought the tv was broken but it's not the tvs. I tried putting an external speaker on and the buzz is on that, too.

It is a VIP722K DVR receiver. The buzz is not coming from the receiver at all, only the TV#1 that is on it. Buzz goes up and down with the volume. Thought the tv was broken but it's not the tvs. I tried putting an external speaker on and the buzz is on that, too.
OH okay an update... the second TV on that receiver- I asked the gal whose bedroom it is in.... how is that tv on dish??? She says OH... the picture is SUPER fuzzy.......but no buzzing! perhaps I just need a new receiver! (oh I hate how they keep pushing the hopper on you, I do not want those)

OH okay an update... the second TV on that receiver- I asked the gal whose bedroom it is in.... how is that tv on dish??? She says OH... the picture is SUPER fuzzy.......but no buzzing! perhaps I just need a new receiver! (oh I hate how they keep pushing the hopper on you, I do not want those)
You can hate them pushing the Hopper on you all you want but the day is coming when you won't have a choice. I don't understand why anyone would turn down a new Cadillac to favor a beat-up, 74' Pinto.
Any 722 you get is going to be multiple-times-refurbished.
I've seen them overheat right out of the box - more than once

You can hate them pushing the Hopper on you all you want but the day is coming when you won't have a choice. I don't understand why anyone would turn down a new Cadillac to favor a beat-up, 74' Pinto.
Any 722 you get is going to be multiple-times-refurbished.
I've seen them overheat right out of the box - more than once
the hopper needs internet. That is impossible in this house. Enough with all these "smart things" already.

the hopper needs internet. That is impossible in this house. Enough with all these "smart things" already.
The Hopper does not require internet. It will work just fine without it. You just won't get on demand and some foriegn streaming channels. While you won't get everything the Hopper is capable of you will get everything the 722 is capable of plus a lot more, like 16 tuners to make recording conflicts go away.