Dirt help sought for splitting my service into two accounts

steve4810

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
I want one account to be hopper for the house and the second account to be for my OWNED 612 that is in my RV. The online chat I thought was so great just crashed and burned when the guy insisted, first that I couldn't do this, then second I needed to contact a local retailer to start a service only account for the 612.

Help restore my faith in Dish customer support.

BTW, this is the "getting a quote" stage and will have to be reviewed with my wife so I can't place an order today.

Steve

I'd set up a flex account in the RV. Turn it on when you are traveling, turn it off when you are at home....

This sounds a little like the train wreck I had with Dish chat. I think you and they are letting a verb get in the way. But if it's true they won't "split" what would the difference be to me if I got the hopper setup with all the good customer perks they offered me then called them 24 hours later and asked for a service only account for my 612?

Cut to the chase and send them a private message...

On the bottom of the main forum page, you'll see the usernames in red with @DISH Network at the end. Those are the one's currently one the forum.
No prob for me but I thought one of the missions of the board was to share information among the membership and to just PM DIRT nobody learns a thing, no?

OK, PMed DIRT. Sorry for bothering you.

bubye

Last edited:
No prob for me but I thought one of the missions of the board was to share information among the membership and to just PM DIRT nobody learns a thing, no?

nothing stopping you from reporting back while you are messaging them....

nothing stopping you from reporting back while you are messaging them....
Since you asked... The snag is in the social security number. When you set up a new account they will encounter an error in that the number is already attached to an account. At that point direct sales transfers your call and a higher up who can authorize the account. And it does seem that I need to mention it is for my RV.

I'll let you know what happens but I'd sure like to find out what the difference is between a service only account and a flex account.

FWIW: I have a 5th wheel setup with both a Hopper and Joey. I have a Hopper and 3 Joeys in the house. No problems so far. The only problem with either "splitting" or setting up a second account is the cost. If you don't get anywhere with the DIRT (highly unlikely) here is a number for the Dish RV Support Team: 888-854-9535.

Cost isn't an issue in that it is only my 612. No fancy equipment because there are circumstances beyond my control that may mean I'm about 10 minutes away from not being able to go camping any more.

I just wish someone would tell me the difference between a service only account and a flex account. And can it change the price per month for the program packages I order?

Flex account is mainly for new customer that may need equipment from Dish (for a fee) and installation is provided. Activation only account is for customer that does own equipment purchase and installation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts