Thoughts: Can't receive ESPN, others

Joe Satellite Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Palisade, Colorado
I have a service call this coming Tuesday for the frequent freezing up of the Hopper. That said, I have an additional issue that is really irritating. I can't watch ESPN (channel 140). I get error 015 and it is trying to find the satellite. However, when I go to setup on the Hopper, it shows all three Sats as green, so I don't get it. I also don't get several of the Encore channels for the same issue. I have the top 250 subscription.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and if so what fixed it.

You probably have just enough signal for the hopper to see the signal but not quite enough for you to tune in. likely 1 or 2 of your 3 sats are low and the dish is out of peak or you have something (foliage) interrupting that signal

Ok, Dish tech visit went really well. Replaced Hopper to cure issue of Hopper freezing frequently. The ESPN (and others) issue was caused by a bad LNB. Glad the tech was really on the ball.

Glad to have TV on again.

BTW, the new Hopper already had 209 unless it downloaded it during initial setup.

Also, have read here before that the remote holds the favorites. Not true, kept the old remote and all favorites were gone.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)