DIRT: In need of assistance badly

scooter2479

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
La Plata,Mo
Good afternoon. I need the best memeber of the dirt team to contact me. I'm a pay in advance customer which was never told to me at anytime during the start if my service. I've since been able to upgrade to HD dvr's and now want to take advantage of the hopper and get off this stupid pay as you go crap. Anyway I'll expain more. Please pm me. Thank you and have a nice day.

Good afternoon. I need the best memeber of the dirt team to contact me. I'm a pay in advance customer which was never told to me at anytime during the start if my service. I've since been able to upgrade to HD dvr's and now want to take advantage of the hopper and get off this stupid pay as you go crap. Anyway I'll expain more. Please pm me. Thank you and have a nice day.
FYI, standard procedure is for you/anyone to PM them for assistance, as they are not always on duty, nor can they effectively monitor every post. Those on duty can be found at the bottom of the Forum page, highlighted in Red.

I dont know what dish calls it but it's the type of account that you pay at the end of the month for the next month. No grace period or anything. If its not paid before the start if the next month you get shut off.

FYI, standard procedure is for you/anyone to PM them for assistance, as they are not always on duty, nor can they effectively monitor every post. Those on duty can be found at the bottom of the Forum page, highlighted in Red.

Sorry I was under the impression from a post I read that it was better to make a post asking for assistance from them not to randomly pm them. Sorry.

I dont know what dish calls it but it's the type of account that you pay at the end of the month for the next month. No grace period or anything. If its not paid before the start if the next month you get shut off.

All accounts are paid one month in advance.
Look at your bill, read it thoroughly. There is a description of services. it has a name if its special promotion.
I think I know the name of it.....It's a promo that offered services to customers with poor credit. The type of equipment these customers could get was very limited.
Would it be called "Flex TV"?
http://www.dishmyhome.com/flextv.html.
With Dish, for the most part, once a customer enters a certain promotion which involves customer status, that customer remains on that status until they cancel service.

Sorry I was under the impression from a post I read that it was better to make a post asking for assistance from them not to randomly pm them. Sorry.
If you were asking on DBStalk that is the way they do it on Satelliteguys it is much easier. As long as you have 5 post go right ahead and ask them. As far as paying goes if you have a $50/mo. bill there is nothing stopping you from paying $200 and being 3 m0nths ahead. Just don't make late payments as long as you want to watch DISH.

Currently if you have a flex tv account or flextv24 upgrade to hopper is very difficult reach a good deal with dish,be aware that they do not demanded excellent credit record or credit cards to give your account,there are ways to improve your account history with dish,evade disconnections due payment and keep premium programing or a better programing package,at least i've seen several flex accounts with good standing status for upgrade equipment with a better deal

Not sure if you ever heard from DIRT, but I can tell you, if you are on a certain type of account (Flex, Flex24), there is no way to change over to the non-PIA (pay in advance) type of account known as DHA. For those that are curious, while all accounts are kind of, sort of pay in advance, the Flex accounts truly are. If a bill is due 12/15/2013, that is for service that runs 12/16/13 to 1/15/14, and if that payment is not credited by midnight of 12/15/13, the service will be turned off (sometimes there is a 1-2 day grace period on that).

The difference with a DHA account, which is not really pay in advance, is that, for example, a bill is generated on 11/13/13 for the bill period that runs 11/28/13 to 12/27/13. That bill will be due 12/3/2013, and the service will NOT be cut off if not paid then. You will have about 50 days to pay that bill, and if it's not paid by the time the next bill runs (12/13/13), then there will be a $7.00 late fee added to the next bill. The Flex24 (PIA) accounts never have a late fee, they are due on the due date or the service gets shut off.

Long and short answer, once a Flex/Flex24 account is created, there is no way at all, by anybody in the company, to convert it to a DHA account. No matter how good you are as a customer. Also, someone else noted, some of the Flex accounts, that are in really good standing (big programming package, no shutoffs) can wind up qualifying for upgrades at a reduced cost (or free).

Oh, one other thing, a technicality. Dish has accounts that are known as activation accounts, those are for customers who already own all the equipment, they can do the pay in advance and not have any contract. Not applicable for you, but wanted to add this for those that are curious about all the types of accounts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)