DIRT ROCKS!

davec53

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
Last week, the hard drive failed on my 622. It was a bit of a bummer, as I had several things on there that I had not yet backed up to my external drive, but it was not anything that I couldn't live without. I just dreaded the hassle of trying to go through and deal with tech support and be on the phone and schedule appointments and beg for an upgrade and .... BLAH!

So, I decided to come here and just try contacting a DIRT member directly to see if that might be a more enjoyable experience...man was it ever!! I contacted MarkL (found him in the list of DIRT members and his hours lined right up with mine), and right from the start, he was SUPER helpful.

My hope was to upgrade to a Hopper system, but I didn't think that was an option. Not only did he let me know that it was indeed an option, he talked me through some promotions and other items he could adjust about my billing that would allow me to stay at almost exactly the same price even AFTER the upgrade! He also let me know that the Hopper 3 was coming soon, and checked to make sure that I did not want to hold out for it.

I told him I'd be fine with the 2, and after confirming some details and such, he got me an appointment scheduled for THAT DAY. When I got home from work that evening, the tech pulled in just as I did. He took a look at how things had been initially set up and immediately spotted some things he could do to improve the setup. Primarily, he was able to consolidate me from 2 dishes down to 1, allowing me to remove an unsightly pole and dish from my yard that had been a source of friction with my wife since the initial installation was done 7 years ago.

As the tech was finishing the installation and setting up the Hopper, my phone dinged with a message from MarkL asking how I was liking the Hopper. He had been watching my progress in the system and wanted to just check in with me to make sure everything was OK.

I cannot overstate how beyond satisfied I was with the whole experience...from contact to installation...and it all started right here with MarkL from DIRT. A HUGE thank you to him and to Dish for making this one of the best customer service experiences I have EVER had with a company!!

davec53, It was really my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for taking time out of your day to submit that feedback. I will submit your praise for the tech as well. I appreciate your kind words for both me and for DISH. I'm also glad we made your wife happy too. That's a bonus! Have an awesome day and feel free to contact the DIRT team for any future needs or questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts