Dis 921 and aspect ratio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

khichadi

Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
I have 16:9 Mitsu.. TV
For all SD program(4:3) channel, I used to choose "wideExpand format" on my TV and it use to fill up my screen with my 921 SD channels with L213 firmware.

I was out of the country for few weeks and now with latest F/W, I see about 1/4 inch grey lines on the sides.

Did they mess up aspect ratio after L213 firmware?

I know my TV and it's set up is correct because output from other devices(incuding TV antenna) fills up entire screen using "wideExpand format" for 4:3 input.

Is there a way to request L213 for my receiver? How do I fix it?

I tried all kind of reset on 921 but it doesn't fix the problem.

khichadi said:
I have 16:9 Mitsu.. TV
For all SD program(4:3) channel, I used to choose "wideExpand format" on my TV and it use to fill up my screen with my 921 SD channels with L213 firmware.

I was out of the country for few weeks and now with latest F/W, I see about 1/4 inch grey lines on the sides.

Did they mess up aspect ratio after L213 firmware?

I know my TV and it's set up is correct because output from other devices(incuding TV antenna) fills up entire screen using "wideExpand format" for 4:3 input.

Is there a way to request L213 for my receiver? How do I fix it?

I tried all kind of reset on 921 but it doesn't fix the problem.
Sorry you're not going to be able to get L213 again, downgrading is not an option on any of their receivers.

Since L213 no changes occurred to aspect ratio however three display changes did occur.
First they fixed "Gray Bars" to no longer contain that thin black inner borders.
Second overscan got a little worse since then. You can confirm with the HDNet test pattern if you have it. You may have to go into view pref menu to adjust to your liking but that just moves the screen position. Also adjusting screen position may cause 4:3 to not be perfectly centered as before. I believe before screen adjust only affected the overlay not the actual display.
Third sometimes channels may show a thin line of pixels in the upper most center portion of the screen.

I've never seen a quarter inch gray borders on my screen before not in any software release. I don't think it's the 921 unless it's an overscan problem but overscan got worse not better so you'd be seeing less bordering assuming you had any borders before.

You said that you use "wideExpand format" on your TV and not "Stretch mode" on your 921 [see * key on your remote control in lower left corner].

Why not give that a try instead of forcing it from TV. Personally I hate "stretch mode" but do use "gray bars" and "zoom mode" on occations.

PS: If your Mitsu... TV is not a plasma or CRT then there's never a real need to fill the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)