Disable box standby mode?

Sassan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Columbus
I just got a Dish 1000 system, and I think its a 625 receiver, but forgive me if I am wrong.

Can I turn off the mode where it goes into standby? I ask because I use Tivo instead of the DVR, and when it goes into standby, I get no signal, just the Dish logo and "press select to.....(whatever it says)" recorded. I went into the menus, and I disabled something which I thought was for the standby mode, but apparently not.

Thanks for the help

Having the same problem with my setup,keep getting the black screen with scrolling logo when left on for a period of time,really annoying,might just have to contact customer support at dish to see if its a box issue?

The inactivity mode allows DISH receivers to download the program guide and do other maintainence items. If you have a 625 you have a DVR and you are paying a monthly fee to use it. Why not just use what you payed for instead of causing yourself extra problems?

The disable mode does not work. I called Dish last week after hearing about the problem on this forum for months. They say that I am the first one to report this problem. Come on guys, call Dish and report the problem, so they wil fix it. If they do not see it a a major concern for many, they wil not fix it.

A. not paying the monthly fee. As long as I have service with them, I pay no monthly fee. It was part of the promotion.

B. Tivo has whats called "wish lists." Other DVRs do not, and its a snappy feature to have.

jerryez said:
... The disable mode does not work.
You're right. I tried setting Disable last night, and left the box on. If was off this morning.

It's not a feature that I personally care about, but if Dish makes that feature available via the menu, then they should make it work.

1-Tivo sues E*

2-Tivo has agreement with D*

3-E* will fix something that will add Tivo to work...Rolling on the floor :D :D :D

I would like to know how to fix this problem as well. I've had customers with 322's and VCRs that would experience the same problem when using the old casette to record off the second tuner, so its not just a problem for Tivo users. jerryez, I know you aren't the only one to call Dish on this, I've talked to quite a few customers that complained to Dish about it. From what I've heard Dish just tells them something about a software upgrade.

All you need to do is setup a daily AUTOTUNE timer (manual timer) for an hour after the automatic update time to what ever channel you want the reciever to be on and it wiil turn itself back on (and stay on) at that time. Receiver that are in dual mode will need a timer for each tuner. Problem solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts