Disable Dish-On-Demand?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tee

Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
I haven't looked in the setup screens of my 511 (522, or whatever my non-HD DVR is), but does anyone know how to disable the Dish On Demand feature or if it can be disabled?

Ever since E* enabled it, my DVR seems to run all night long after I have turned the unit off. The green light is off but I can still hear the disk drive spinning and writing. I assume it is downloading some programs for the Dish On Demand feature - a feature that I refuse to use. Being that this unit is in my bedroom, it annoys me when I wake up and hear it churning.

If there is any way to disable this feature besides unplugging it or using a sledgehammer on it, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tim

Call Dish and complain and mention "how about making Dish On Demand an optional feature that you can enable or disable and more importantly, if you disable it, that the add'l HDD space set aside for it (on the 625, for example) be made available for regular recordings ?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)