Disapointed

Gunslinger270

Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
Disappointed

When I saw that Hallmark was moving in, I thought it might not be too bad. But then as I was watching one of their movies, I hear one woman ask another woman, "So, is my husband good in bed?" :shocked Guess I'll have to sit with the remote in my hand......just like the secular programming. :mad:

When I bought into SA, it was because it was being pushed as "Better Than Anything Else"..........now it seems we are going towards "not as bad as the others"........I'm not sure if I'm going to renew or not. Seems like this world keeps going toward making us pick between the lesser of two evils, instead of giving us the better of two choices. Maybe I'm just old fashioned........... :(

you are right

We live in a world that is dominated by sex, and money. Does sky Angel care if two women are talking about their sex-life like "Sex and the City" ???? - NO! Whatever makes them more money.

I will not be renewing my sub. I gave up on them when my 5 year old nephew watched half naked women on Fox news a couple weeks ago.

It's sad, but what is even sadder is that it will get worse. I wonder when the day will come that SA adds Cinemax or HBO or some other channel like that.

Why can't they add the SCIENCE channel??? Can ANYONE explain that to me???
At least with the Science channel we wouldn't stumble upon conversation suited for an adult....!

Jesus Bless you.

Welcome to Satelliteguys Gunslinger!

I have mixed feelings about some of this. I understand your concern, but Hallmark is as "safe" as any TV channel gets. I have more problems with some of the ministries preaching faith-healing than I do with anything on Hallmark. Others here know the objections I have to the way many channels deal with the big E word in science. So there is plenty of objectional content on Sky Angel. "is he good in bed?" is not one of them for me.

Now Fox News (or any news service that is deals in sensationalism rather than news (any U.S. news service) is something to ride the remote on if there are impressionable people in the room.

By the way, Hallmark channel was Odyssey which was Faith & Values Network. F&V is still on weekend mornings on Hallmark.

See ya
Tony

I bet SkyAngel's days are numbered. They should probably focus on complementing Dish rather than adding overlapping channels. Even then, they are probably too small for long-term viability.

I am just glad I got to use my father's unused lifetime sub 6 or so years ago. :)

He paid a bit when they were just a gleam in Bob Johnson's eye. <grin>

Brad

andrews777 said:
I bet SkyAngel's days are numbered. They should probably focus on complementing Dish rather than adding overlapping channels. Even then, they are probably too small for long-term viability.

I am just glad I got to use my father's unused lifetime sub 6 or so years ago. :)

He paid a bit when they were just a gleam in Bob Johnson's eye. <grin>

Brad

Is this wishful thinking on your part? :confused: It could happen if people like you continue to steal the service, I think you will find that the lifetime sub is none transferable.

Why not subscribe to Sky Angel yourself or at least support them monthly which will help them to grow and become a better service. Or would you rather see them fail?

I prefer to support them :yes

Jeff

Huh? How am I "stealing the service"?

When I originally got it, I told them all the details and they agreed to the transfer. My father had never used it, and they had no problem with me taking it.

You need to watch making accusations so quickly.

Though I doubt I would pay for it otherwise now, even if I might have originally. (It was focused on lifetime even then - about 6 years ago.)

Brad

JeffH
He isn’t stealing it. Stealing would be if he had an illegal card in the unit so that SkyAngel never got a dime for the service.

Iceberg said:
JeffH
He isn’t stealing it. Stealing would be if he had an illegal card in the unit so that SkyAngel never got a dime for the service.

You are absolutely correct. I guess I get a little irritated at the unfounded (in my opinion) negative comments about Sky Angel. Sky Angel has been a service that my family has greatly appreciated over the past 8 years, are they perfect, of course not, but I think that they are trying to serve their subscribers well.

BTW, I am a $195.00 lifetime sub and I would consider myself a thief if I didn't support them (and I do) with a monthly gift of at least that of their $11.99 (soon to be $14.99) rate. I encourage other early lifetimers to do the same and also become members of the Viewer Advisory Board

Jeff

" I have more problems with some of the ministries preaching faith-healing than I do with anything on Hallmark."

Hallmark has Hogan's Heroes every Saturday morning which is worth the price of admission IMO. Like Tony said I have more of a problem with what some ministries do than I do with the crap on regular TV. I use to be a Sky sub when it was on 119 a long time ago but since then I’ve learned this can be more dangerous than regular TV because I’ve learned a lot of what is on SKY is pure crap.

For example: I’m sick and tired of seeing a bunch of beggars asking you for your money and telling you to plant a seed when many they prey upon can’t afford it. Linking your soul or salvation to money donations is evil IMO when the goal should be to win souls.
Plant your seed (give them your money) to enrich you and for God to bless you is false doctrine IMO. I don’t know how many ministries I see stating that by giving them money God will bless you with more material things and is a disgrace IMO. IMO, if you feed these people and bless them then you won’t have to beg to get their support. I call them the Prosperity Cult.

I’m also sick of seeing these preachers quoting the Bible for a couple of verses then blab and blab for an hour with men speak when the Bible should be taught chapter by chapter verse by verse. You’re not learning God’s Word by this method. What are you learning when a preacher quotes a couple of passages then bores you to death with an hour speech about nothing that really matters? Back before we had the printed press and we could all own God’s Word they had Holidays and Sabbaths where they would get together and the elders would read God’s Word because at that time there was no other way. They taught it chapter by chapter and verse by verse. How often is this done in any church or major religion today?

Jos 8:34 And afterward he read all the words of the law, the blessings and cursings, according to all that is written in the book of the law.
Jos 8:35 There was not a word of all that Moses commanded, which Joshua read not before all the congregation of Israel, with the women, and the little ones, and the strangers that were conversant among them.

When talking about his Word (laws and Commandments)
Deu 11:18 Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.
Deu 11:19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Deu 11:20 And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates:
Deu 11:21 That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.

You need to be teaching your children the ways of God instead of an electronic box which is your TV.

Then there is the preachers like John Hagee and others saying that Christ can come at any time. At any moment when the Bible states: Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Christ will not come until after the false christ and “after the tribulation of those days”.

Then there is the Rapture which is crap because Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. Dan 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
Dan 7:22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 16:4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.
Rev 16:5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
Rev 16:6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

There will be no rapture and donating to these preachers will not make you wealthier and no Jesus will not come back at any moment now. The following applies to the modern day apostasy and the Rapture Cult:

Eze 13:19 And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies?
Eze 13:20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.
Eze 13:21 Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Eze 13:22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:
Eze 13:23 Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

I agree with Tony that there's a bigger problem with what some of the ministries teach than what's on Hallmark.

Ok guys I get the feeling that everyone is kind of over reacting to this sky angel thing. 1st i don't believe Johnson ever envisioned Sky Angel taking the place of the local church. 2nd just because some one else's experience is not my experience doesn't mean it is not real. Paul said don't get caught up arguing over minor issues. 3rd. I do not think God is giving anyone of us a pass on personal responsibility to know what their families are watching. Simply put if you don't like it, if you are under conviction, TURN IT OFF!

JeffH said:
BTW, I am a $195.00 lifetime sub and I would consider myself a thief if I didn't support them (and I do) with a monthly gift of at least that of their $11.99 (soon to be $14.99) rate. I encourage other early lifetimers to do the same and also become members of the Viewer Advisory Board

BTW, I am pretty sure my dad paid around $600 or more, far more than a $195 sub.

As to the other poster saying "no rapture", you need to read Thesselonians, or become a believer. I plan on "meeting Him (Jesus) in the air" as it notes there. That is a rapture (catching away). You may disagree on the timing, but it is written, and if you claim to believe the Bible, you have to believe in a rapture of some sort. :)

While I am less tied to "its going to happen really, really soon," I will note that many in the early church though Jesus' return was a soon thing. If it was soon then, it is certainly much sooner now. And the Scriptures also note that many people will come to a point of scoffing at the idea of His return.

I choose to believe Jesus wasn't a liar, how about you? :)

Brad

Brad:

Well most of the rapture cult states that it will happen before the Tribulation and it's false. The entire 7-year teachings of the tribulation is false.

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The problem I have with the rapture cult is the rapture is only one thing they're wrong about. I believe most if not all organized is apostate and don't know the real Christ who is a warrior and comes back to destroy.

Isa 13:6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
Isa 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
Lam 2:22 Thou hast called as in a solemn day my terrors round about, so that in the day of the LORD'S anger none escaped nor remained: those that I have swaddled and brought up hath mine enemy consumed.
Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Zep 2:3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.

I'm sick and tired of "Jesus" being a lover and won't judge sin by so called preachers who now want to marry the same sex and pass out licences to sin.
I'm sick of it and their lies and sick of their begging.

As I currently say to my estranged daughter, believe what you want. Using the term "cult" is very dishonest, and is a sign that your argument is so weak you need to resort to "name calling" to try and make your point.

I never mentioned a Tribulation, yet you chose to attack that. Good use of straw men. I do tend to think that is the way that it will happened, but I am more focused on "occupying until He comes" than I am doing anything for a potential tribulation period. :)

And your final line doesn't ring true either. I have yet to hear of most on-air preachers calling for same sex marriage. If anything, they use opposition to it to raise funds, whatever their personal beliefs. (Though most don't talk about the subject at all.)

While I have major issues with many on-air preachers, I trust God enough to clean His own Church out. Don't you think He is the head of the Church, or must man (such as you) be the one to clean it out?

Also, if you really think the way you post here, aren't you being hypocritical participating in SkyAngel, Dish or a lot else in the world?

As I currently say to my estranged daughter, believe what you want. Using the term "cult" is very dishonest, and is a sign that your argument is so weak you need to resort to "name calling" to try and make your point.

What do you mean? Do you know the definition of the word "cult?"
I never name call without backing it up and don't you ever forget that. If it's a turd I call it a turd.
Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

I never mentioned a Tribulation, yet you chose to attack that.
Did it ever occur to you that my post wasn't directed towards you? :rolleyes:
And since you didn't bring it up why do you appear to be defending it or did you think my post was about you?
And your final line doesn't ring true either.
Oh yes it does in context which is the apostate church found in every community in this country.

Also, if you really think the way you post here, aren't you being hypocritical participating in SkyAngel, Dish or a lot else in the world?

No, I'm here to tell the truth. And you do not need to take it personally because my post wasn't intended to do so.

I don't understand...

What I don't understand about today's churches is that everyone is so "Easily Offended". Nobody seems to be able to take the truth for what it is. Nobody wants to believe that they have "issues" and want to change. They hear something that they don't agree with and automatically that person (maybe Pastor) is wrong. Come on, we need to work at losing this pride! As I always like to say, the middle letter in pride is "I" and the middle letter in sin is "I", there is a reason for this to me - we need to stop worrying about ourself and do what the word says!

I do believe in the "tithe" and really don't care what someone else does with my money as I know I am giving it to God. TV ministries do help, there are many "prodigals" out there in need of the Saviour and maybe this is how they can be reached. Not only that, but look at the people in jail. There are some very good people in prison and we need a way to talk and reach them. I even know of a church in Colorado (yes one that accepts tithe) and they used a portion of this money to provide satellite TV with Christian programming to every prison in Colorado. I guess the view is "Many of these people will be getting out." This is just my point of, we are so quick to judge. Maybe these ministries aren't for us, but if I knew all the money I gave someone or even the fact of this ministry helped someone find a true personal relationship with out God, I will be happy. I agree many people manipulate others in the name of God and this to me is one of the biggest sins one can have (look at our Government now, how do you think many people got into office - lies and using the name of the Lord for it - tricking millions of Christians, that is evil IMO) but then again, who says they are wrong. Even Judas had a purpose and Jesus still called him friend. I feel the person sending this money sends it in - in faith! Who are we to say God isn't working in their lives?

As for "Faith Healing" I do believe it can happen because of personal experience. Then again, I do believe anything can happen in the name of the Lord if we believe and have faith that it can be done. So many of us spend all this time trying to tell others what they believe in and what they feel is right (maybe even I am doing this here), but I believe this is what started religion and religion to me can cause more confusion and harm than good. Lets stop walking around the cross and get on it!

What would we do without the Father, the son and the Holy Ghost?!?

The problem is that many of the TV and radio "ministries" are preaching heresy and we shouldn't be supporting them in any way or form. They make the Lord into a cosmic bellhop who just want's to bless them but they forget the cross, they forget obedience, they forget that HE is the creator and we are the created.

If you were in a financial bind and asked them for help after you have given to them for years you would get laughed at. Jesus didn't have a place to lay his head yet many of these charlatan's or should I say wolves in sheeps clothing preach a compromising gospel while they run around in the latest lexus and have a Gulfstream 5 jet waiting for them at the local airport.

Yes, we need to love our brothers and sisters and be compassionate but we also need to preach truth and use the discernment that the Holy Spirit has given to each of us. I don't want to give to a "ministry" that will make the listener a two fold more child of hell than what he started out to be in the first place.

One wag has stated in these last days that the church in america especially is a mile wide but only an inch deep. We tolerate all kinds of false teaching and preaching and many pastors won't stand for the truth or the tithes and offerings dry up. They play "tip-toe" through the tithers and preach a pleasing gospel.

In the earthly days of Jesus ministry the religious ones wanted to kill him and they hated him because he was a threat to their postion and power. How little human nature and fallen man has changed in the last 2,000 years. May God bless us all with discernment and carefulness as these end days are upon us.

Arion said:
They play "tip-toe" through the tithers and preach a pleasing gospel.

I agree, this is something else that saddens me! All of these Pastors that will not preach the word as people may not like what it says, they just want to please! The word is the rock, it is the foundation. We must follow it! The NT is so beautiful to me and I feel if the people and our government would truly try their hardest to follow its teachings, this country would be a better, happier, more accepting place.

GB,
TVO

Hello,

I just registered with this message board. I subscribed to skyangel back in '99 and got the lifetime deal. I consider that one of the better things I've done over the last 6 years. I primarily watch 3ABN and the safe tv channel, the latter on the weekends mostly.

For several years I had both regular dish network secular tv and skyangel. I got sick of dishnetwrk and just watched skyangel and regular local channels. Here lately, about a week ago, I re subscribed to dishnetwork tv. I like watching espn, and some of the sports channels.

I am hoping to get a dish dvr receiver one of these days. Currently I am receiving dishnetwork channels and sky angel channels via this receiver I got from skyangel 6 years ago. I may try to hook both satellite dishes together. I may have to ask someone on this board how to do that.

I have a lot more questions and comments about skyangel. I too am concerned about some of their channel changes. Maybe I should join their advisory board.

That's all for now.

Regards,

Kountzer

Kountzer,

The receiver you have is a Dish receiver, since SkyAngel never made their own. However the later receivers, especially the DVRs, are much better. :)

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts