Disappointed with Dish Customer service and Tech Support

galasub

Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
I post this after many reviews on this forum and other places on how Dish installs their product.

I got Dish installed about two weeks ago. The tech who installed it was a good person - don't get me wrong - but seemed to be lazy and in a rush.

1. He gave me very limited options for the install location (did not even go around the house to look for more places it can be installed)
2. When he installed the Dish, he himself admitted, he did not have appropriate grounding

Unfortunately, me being a first time customer and totally uneducated about satellite dishes was not aware of all this; and did not follow the tech all around during the installation....

In any case, after finding out that there can be an issue due to incorrect grounding, I contacted Dish Customer service and was told by a tech that a field supervisor will call us with in 48 hours and come take a look at the grounding; at the same time, suggest other locations where the Dish can be moved...

It has been week and a half and I have not heard from any one... despite two email complains no one from Dish has bothered calling or contacting us on this issue.

Is there anyone who can suggest and show me how to resolve my issues?

Is your system working.. Do you get the channel you are supposed to..
An ungrounded dish is of no concern. I don't care how many techs pop in with something to the contrary that has been pounded into their heads by management.. A dish is grounded for one reason, and one reason only.. Liability reasons.. But as far as doing any good or preventing lightning from hitting your house or dish, it's a waste of time. In my years of installs, the grounding actually makes it more likely to have problems with lightning..

As far a where your dish was installed, in most cases, there are limited places to put a dish on a house.. Line of sight usually wins out over a pleasing place to put it.. In most cases I try to find a place that is as un-obtrusive as possible, without causing undue problems with the install. Yes, I always go over it with the customer, but in the end they usually end up happy with my placement.. I won't install a dish on the front of a house, unless it's a there only situation.. It's your house. You have the final say. But if you want dish tv then you will usually go with what the installer tells you.. Granted there are some lazy installers that don't want to take the extra effort to get the dish out of site the best possible.. But they usually don't last long in the business..

Ditto the above...furthermore, grounding to be effective according to code, must be in common with the house ground, not a seperate ground rod. Verifing that requirement is often difficult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)