Install question....+ OTA

dhageremtp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
North Dakota
I have a question on install of Dishnetwork with OTA. My installer ran the OTA with the satellite singals on the same cable, which has degraded my OTA reception. If I run straight OTA I can pick up the Digital HD channels OTA, but when ran with the satellite signal, I can only get the analog OTA (mind you the station is 50 miles away as well). What can be done to make this singal better?

I have a question on install of Dishnetwork with OTA. My installer ran the OTA with the satellite singals on the same cable, which has degraded my OTA reception. If I run straight OTA I can pick up the Digital HD channels OTA, but when ran with the satellite signal, I can only get the analog OTA (mind you the station is 50 miles away as well). What can be done to make this singal better?
Run a separate line from the antenna.

Would an amp between the antenna and the dish connections on the outside of my house help any? To run another line would mean a great deal of work, and time under the house!

Distribution amps usually solve problems where signal is split...eg...to supply OTA to multiple tvs. Experience has shown that when a signal is diplexed, disrtibution amps aren't of much help. If you try one, make sure that it is inserted at the receiver and not at the antenna. Antenna amps, two piece design, should only be used on a dedicated coax. Antenna amps are helpful where cable runs are long, over 50'. There is no substitute for a dedicated coax. Remember, a job worth doing is a job well done...........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)