Disconcerting experience with Dish video chat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

calrich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2010
California
I have been looking to return to Dish for a little while. I was a Dish customer from 1999 to 2008, left for Directv for a year, came back and then went to Directv again in 2012. I went to Directv primarily to get NBC Sports in a lower tier so I could watch NHL playoffs. I used to have Dish Latino Dos. For the last two years I receive a mailer from Dish Latino on almost a weekly basis offering a $200 prepaid credit card if I came back.

Yesterday I had an online chat (not video, my title is wrong) looking to subscribe to AT 250 to get NBC Sports plus BEIN Sports Español & NBC Universo for soccer in Spanish. The customer rep offered me the $39.99 new customer price for a year with $12 DVR fee. I also inquired about TV Globo from Brazil which would be $19.99. He also said Dish would honor the $200 prepaid card. Everything was good and we were getting to setting up an installation appointment. However, after doing the credit check (I have very good credit) the rep changed his tune and wanted me to sign up for Dish Latino Clasico with TV Globo. I told him this package would not give me NBC Sports which is key for me. I have these channels now with Directv. He also told me I would have to buy my equipment and pay an activation fee, all about $300 total. I don't want to own my equipment. I never have and have read here that it's not really worth it. The 2 year contract does not bother me. I told him these things and then he went high pressure and started telling me I wouldn't get anything if I didn't sign up now. I finally told him I may just stay with Directv after all this and left it at that.

I really do miss the Dish equipment, channel guide and DVR. I find them all better than Directv equipment. Directv is also significantly more expensive for what I want and keeps going up. Charges for HD, regional sports networks, etc. continue. Is there someone here with any ideas or perhaps a DIRT member who could help me. I'd like to come back but not on those terms.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you did not qualify for the offer. Please contact our sales team again at 1-800-333-3474.

Do you have a remaining balance on your old accounts at all? Maybe a return receiver fee? That would disqualify you. If you have a wife, try with her name and info as well. That all said, if you end up getting through, use my cert in my signature, and save an additional $50....

Reactions: GaryPen
No outstanding balance. No wife, I'm divorced. Forgive me for lack of knowledge but I don't know how to use the cert in your signature.

Whenever you go to sign up, you would just proved one of the two numbers listed... Tell them it was referred. It's a savings on top of whatever it is you qualify for. Sounds like you may have qualified as a pay in advance customer. If it did not go through directly through Dish, check out a local retailer and see if they can qualify you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)