Discovery channel Planet Earth 29.99

Thanks for the eBay link, but I'd like the $29.99 plus the free shipping from the Discovery Store.

EDIT - Free shipping applies only to DVD sets, NOT HD-DVD or Blu-Ray sets.

Last edited:
Apparently it's been popping up there when ebay was being replenished yesterday per the thread i linked, but it looks like that stopped happening, deal reamains on the ebay link but not on Discovery. Can't imagine shipping being too much that it kills the deal.

Looks like one person in the thread got it for $33 total. Waiting on my total to become available still.

It looked like $8 shipping according to the listing(scroll down), with eBay order. I'll wait and see tomorrow. Thanks!

EDIT - Only $3.25 for shipping.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for the update! Got mine ordered today.

So, for anyone else interested, it looks like you need to order ONLY through eBay to get the $29.99 price, and you will then receive an email and checkout through The Discovery Store to pay.

Last edited:
Yep get you orders in.. see this thread for details. http://www.satelliteguys.us/pub-mem...planet-earth-hd-dvd-29-95-fs.html#post1247668

They are working on the error, I dont think its suppost to be at this price. So the auction may end.

Bob, why would people need to see the thread in the Pub? Not everybody has access to the Pub, besides this thread was started first.

The error with checking out has to do with the cookies. If you added the item to your cart while checking prices at the Discovery store, you'll have a problem checking out. Clear the cookies before checking out.

Arrived today, havent watched yet, but i like the configuration of the discs in the case. Made me nervous though that it calls them DVDs all over the place but has HDDVD on the discs... ie on the front of the package it says 4 DVD edition.

Received my set today. (What a long wait! I ordered on February 23.) Kind of disappointed that it's the Sigourney Weaver version. But oh well. The quality is AMAZING. I've seen the broadcast version multiple times in HD, but the HDDVD version is simply stunning. I am suggesting this set, whether BluRay, HDDVD or SDVD to all my family and friends. Just love getting lost in these discs. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)