Discovery HD Sound Problem

boosted-fc3s

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 26, 2008
Im having a problem with Discovery Channel HD. I have 9.1 home theater setup with a pioneer elite receiver. I've got the vip612 hooked up to the receiver via hdmi, and the receiver outputs to the tv via its hdmi out (tv speakers are never used). When I watch DCHD all the sound is coming out of my left rear surround speaker. DC in SD is fine, as are all other HD channels. Bluray, ps3, xbox, etc all work fine with sound coming from the proper speakers. It seems to be only this channel. It used to be normal, I think I only noticed it recently. Anyone else having issues?

Last edited:

Doppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 24, 2006
Yes, same problem here. I can't say for sure it's all from the left rear, but there's definitely more than there should be coming from the rear.

r10fret

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 20, 2008
FL
All providers (cable + directv) are having the same problem with discovery HD audio right now during certain programs, contact discovery channel.

boosted-fc3s

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 26, 2008
Its like they have their channels mixed up, my LR surround is acting more like my center. We have a crappy CBS affiliate in my area that likes to mess up their sound too. I would expect this type of crap from a broke affiliate, but not from a good channel like DC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)