Discovery HD Theater Picture Improved?

One note you might consider (as it has been discussed in other threads) is that even though there are 3 channels on the TP, it is variable rate for the channels... so, if both Showtime-HD and ESPN-HD are showing SD upconverts, then there is more bandwith for Discovery-HD.... so, the next time you see a bad picture, you might check and see what is on those other 2 channels to see if its a true HD program taking up more bandwith.

While watching the football game last night on ESPN-HD I switched over to DSC-HD. The pulse was very obvious, I didn't even have to try to see it, as was the loss of detail. Just more proof that Dish can't have 3 channels per transponder without degrading each to some degree or another.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
While watching the football game last night on ESPN-HD I switched over to DSC-HD. The pulse was very obvious, I didn't even have to try to see it, as was the loss of detail. Just more proof that Dish can't have 3 channels per transponder without degrading each to some degree or another.

NightRyder
I'm going to have to try that next Sunday. It didn't even occur to me to check it, despite the first half being rather dull.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts